Bad day - venting my ire at Cycling Plus!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I stopped reading MBR, even though I got it free, cos after years of deriding 29'ers they suddenly changed tack and started praising them, rendering all their previous writings as bull (or later writings as bull if the originals were correct).

They're so fashion fickle, so far removed from the reality of daily cycling, its unreal.

OP
OP
Shortandcrisp

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
[QUOTE 4778003, member: 259"]Good company, and a good place to train, as rents are ok compared with London. Is he doing accountancy or consultancy?[/QUOTE]

Official job description is Modeller. Asked him if this had anything to do with Airfix. Apparently not! It's all double Dutch to me, I'm afraid. He's a Maths graduate (almost). I'm strictly a humanities man who struggled to a C in 'O' level Maths. But the starting salary seems very good and it's something he really enjoys. So I'm really pleased for him.

Milzy

Guru
I cannot complain I get every three issues for £7.99. Joined years ago and they haven't put the price up. Have considered cancelling a few times but if I wanted to reinstate it I would be paying double per issue.
They repeat the same old crap though. Also it's a noobish mag. Just advertising bikes and kit.

tobykenobi

Über Member
' Yep, they all seem ok to me. Can't really tell one from t'other. Just buy the one you find the prettiest, or the one that costs less.' Not sure that'd sell much copy though.

If you think that's bad, try reading Hi-Fi mags for acres of copy about small or even non-existent differences (yes, reviews of speaker cables).

As you say, it wouldn't sell much - or attract much advertising.

Last edited:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
If you think that's bad, try reading Hi-Fi mags for acres of copy about small or even non-existent differences (yes, reviews of speaker cables).

As you say, it would sell much - or attract much advertising.

But surely you can hear the difference when your cables are resting on Myrtle wood blocks compared to Zebra wood blocks?

https://www.ayre.com/acc_blocks.htm

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

But surely you can hear the difference when your cables are resting on Myrtle wood blocks compared to Zebra wood blocks?

https://www.ayre.com/acc_blocks.htm
A friend played some music to me on his very expensive hifi system. (He told me that he had just bought some new speaker cables and wanted to show them off to me.) The music sounded absolutely brilliant!

I asked how much the cables were. £50. HOW MUCH!!! :eek:

It turned out that they were the original cables. The cheap and nasty ones which were messing with the signal quality ... :wacko:

He dismantled the system and reconnected it using THE AMAZING NEW CABLES. He played the same album. The music sounded absolutely brilliant!

I asked how much the new cables were. £500!!!!!! :eek: :wacko:

He was disappointed that I couldn't tell the difference. It was the difference between night and day. Black and white. Hot and cold ... There was now 'air' in the sound. (I resisted the temptation to point out that without the air, there wouldn't have been ANY sound! :laugh:)

Top Bottom