Bad Name

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bicycle

I was driving back home yesterday from picking up the eldest from Saturday job and saw a guy on a nice road bike, all the gear on ,he was riding one handed, on the drops,slowly, and dialing on his mobile phone ,behind him he had a queue of about 20 cars, that sort of behaviour just pees people off, why not just stop and make the call ?.

This is poor behaviour, whether illegal or not.

Dialling on a hand-held device while cycling in front of a long queue of traffic shows discourtesy.

Even if he hadn't slowed down to use the hand-held device, he may have given the impression that he had.

The OP is right to question this. We all have to share the roads.

Noodley

We all have to share the roads.

With the bears.

And pissed off southern English drivers.

1566191 said:
This is essentially paranoid bollocks. Apologies if this dampens the group hug vibe.

I dont think its that paranoid, and its certainly not bollocks! How many of us have been shouted at to 'move over' or 'stay in the cycle lane', theres definitely a negative feeling towards cyclists at times.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I dont think its that paranoid, and its certainly not bollocks! How many of us have been shouted at to 'move over' or 'stay in the cycle lane', theres definitely a negative feeling towards cyclists at times.

I get less shouts from drivers as I hear car horns beeping at other cars and drivers shouting at other drivers to hurry up, move over etc.

Noodley

There is, from knobs who know feck all. Nothing to do with me being a cyclist, everything to do with them being knobs.

apollo179

1566191 said:
This is essentially paranoid bollocks. Apologies if this dampens the group hug vibe.

Isnt paranoid bolocks when the england football team stand in front of a free kick are protecting their crown jewels for dear life.
Not cyclists vulnerability on the road.

No, I called my Glaswegian housemate northern once and she went mental saying "I am a southerner! I am from Glasgow! Iam Scottish NOT British!"

Not making that mistake again!

My sister used to live in Scotland and I used to send her postcards addressed

Scotland
c/o England

She said the postman was REALLY pissed off!

Glad it worked! :biggrin:

Anyway, don't worry about Noods: he's still upset about the rugby! ;) It'll pass, until the 6-Nations starts up again.

1566200 said:
Of course there are negative feelings toward cyclists but apologizing for our existence is not going to make that any better. The solution is for those people to learn some respect, as the modern vernacular has it.

Of course it wont, so I haven't :thumbsup:

keyser soze

Or the Welsh Football team *sigh*

Ahem...
wave.gif

Panter

Just call me Chris...
I'm trying to get this thread to 500 posts, I thought that was why everyone was replying?

Sorry, my mistake!
Anyway, it's turned really cold today down here, first taste of Autumn
cold.gif

I had a nice ride home last night, I bought the MTB in and although it destroyed my legs (32mile round trip on sticky, nobbly tyres) it did mean I could take in a few miles of the North Downs way on the return journey. Made a nice change, even if riding up Hollingbourne hill nearly broke me!

Top Bottom