Bad Sex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Some corkers as usual from the shorlist for the most prestigious literary award..

http://www.theguardian.com/books/poll/2014/nov/12/literary-review-bad-sex-award-shortlist-2014

Can't quite see the point though of Wilbur Smith being on the list, given that he's just a bad writer and the sort of thing you grow out of at the age of 12. I don't suppose he takes his writing especially seriously either.

It's much more fun when they give it someone who likes to think they're a bit good.

I'd prolly give it to Haruki Murukami for "airless vacuum", FFS!

Drago

Legendary Member
I must be 12, because while I read the works of Plato, Darwin or even Hitler, I also enjoy big men battling villains with big guns and F15 jets and then nipping home for a spot of how's-your-father with some piece of to totty who needed rescuing. It's harmless escapism, nothing wrong with it as part of a balanced literary diet.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
When I was a youngish teenager I would have found that sort of purple prose stimulating enough to be errr, stimulated, if you catch my drift.
Now it just seems a bit sordid and more so, the harder the writer tries to be 'literary'.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
I'm thinking of writing an erotic novel. Gonna call it: "Fifty shades if magnolia."

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Well I think most of us had realized that you shouldn't put your cock in the sun.
Of course, other wise it ends up like this:

o-ROAST-CHICKEN-facebook.jpg

Top Bottom