Bad start to the day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
Thanks for the support.
6 over the years now. Including two almost new bikes when my lads were 12 and 14.
Other break-ins as well but different gear stolen.
The most upsetting was about a week before Christmas one year and all my work tools were stolen. Power tools, compressors, staple guns, socket sets you name it. A bike as well l think.
They broke in through the roof, literally smashed their in. All the work l was preparing for customers they piled into a heap and used it to climb back out. It was snowing and work was wet and trampled on.
So not only did they steal stuff they effectively prevented me from working as well.
That incident really wound me up.
As much as l'm not happy about today's business l'm kind of sanguine about it.
Same old same old. Still well pissed off of course.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Ouch. That's terrible and easy to make a person dislike other human beings.

Unfortunately, stats show that once you've been a victim, they're more likely to come back later knowing you'll have replaced the lost items.

Sympathies.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Insurance companies should stop beating around the bush and provide victims with one of these.

95b74a29-e33e-4ef0-9857-dcd4c7723780.jpg

Job done...

Dave7

Legendary Member
Woke this morning to fine the garage door half open.
Two bikes stolen. A white Scott Mtb and a black Cannondale which l recently acquired from @potsy.
Angry and sad atm

The Mtb looked nice but it was a bit of a cluncker but the Cannondale was a peach.
Same happened to me a coiple of years back.
Opened the side door to the garage and thought.......that looks odd:sad:.
They came through the roof and forced the door from the inside.
Carbon road bike and a new hard tail gone.
I feel for you but you have to be realistic and accept that sh*t happens.

D

Deleted member 26715

Other stuff may have gone so ill need a good scout round and will make a list. Ill tot it up and see.
We've been lucky not had any trouble for 20+ years (I know you should never tempt fate) I was having a shed taken down & a workshop put up, they came round the back of the house & took £3K plus of stuff. Insurance was good about it & replaced most of it on a like for like basis, but often it wasn't until weeks if not months later I found other stuff that I used very little had also gone. Like a very large pair of Stilsons which were only used maybe once a year.

Drago

Legendary Member
Thieving sheets. I hope that while riding the bikes they get close passed , flip the bird in retaliation, and get nutted by Ronnie Pickering.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Are you looking on Gumtree or flea bay?
The most likely place for them to turn up.
I think this is a bit of a myth. While some bikes do obviously show up this way I suspect most are sold and resold in person by word of mouth until the end recipient unwittingly buys a stolen bike from a friend of a mates brother!

Last edited:

lane

Veteran
Really sorry to hear that I know how you feel. It happened to me a couple of years ago and I lost three bikes out of 4 in the garage. Horrible feeling. An alarm might be worth fitting, got mine from screwfix didn't cost a lot.

Top Bottom