Bad start to the day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Most people replace things that are stolen, fairly soon after they are stolen. They'll be expecting easier pickings the second time.
I did think about that, but i still think that even though thieves will expect their victims to replace the stuff,most will go for unsuspecting new victims. Besides,who's to say when someone gets a bike stolen they'll go and buy another one.

classic33

Leg End Member
I did think about that, but i still think that even though thieves will expect their victims to replace the stuff,most will go for unsuspecting new victims. Besides,who's to say when someone gets a bike stolen they'll go and buy another one.
Some will see it as easy pickings and take the chance of returning.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
But most won't,in my opinion:smile:. Lets not get Colly too worried eh.:okay:
Unfortunately, I reckon that @Drago and other CC ex- and current police officers would tell you that you are wrong so it is better to take precautions. It is bad enough getting one lot of bikes stolen without getting any replacements pinched too!

Ah - read the Burglars' Code of Conduct!

mustang1

Guru
Why's this? Police not interested in it?
My garage is remote from house so i had wondered about it.
Well, the only reason i say that is i know a few people who's houses were burgled and they all had CCTV. One of the people i know had their house robbed three times and after the 1st time, CCT\v was installed. On the 3rd burglary, the theives came to the front door and smiled at the camera (though masked) but the car was caught on camera as was the number plate (though probably false).
The usual statements etc were taken. I dont think the cops do nothing, they just dont (IMHO) do anything immediately. Instead the fino is collected and put into a database then some analysis algorithms are run against it whenever a cop is researching some case and they might use big data to get the thieves. Well, that's what I think.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
only had one nicked , an apollo road bike , they must have had a shock it had a 52/42 and a 13-18 6 speed block so they would have needed some legs to ride it off

I am afraid not, only one person has been broken into round here, twice.
I remember in the news one house was broken into 6 times he caught them the 6th time and shot one with his shotgun. That may just be a rural thing (robbing the same house over and over). There was spate round here of thieves driving across fields to break into outbuildings. Didn't seem to get anything of great value.

I dont think the cops do nothing, they just dont (IMHO) do anything immediately. Instead the fino is collected and put into a database then some analysis algorithms are run against it whenever a cop is researching some case and they might use big data to get the thieves. Well, that's what I think.

Woman round here called the police to say she had seen 4 masked men in a car parked up outside her house. About 20 people got phone calls immediately. We have a sort of neighborhood watch round here. To do with outbuildings be robbed. Sounded a bit farfetched. Later someone else saw them round there car. They throw something at her window and left. Seen in one more place then back at this ladies place. She was to put it mildly scared as she thought they were after her. She rung the police twice they never bothered to turn up. They never turned up for a meeting with our neighborhood watch and couldn't be bothered contacting anyone to say they couldn't make it. There a waste of space.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Sorry to hear this. 2 people in my area have just had e-bikes stolen from garages. Also my stepson went out on his bike yesterday for the first time on his own. He fell off, cut both knees badly and walked home. He's currently in surgery under local anaesthetic having them cleaned out. And to make matters worse, he was due to come on holiday with me and my partner tomorrow. And when his mum and her partner went to the woods to retrieve the bike, someone had taken it :sad:

14! Sorry to hear this. Where from? Particularly distinctive bikes?
I live in New York, Last one taken was just before Christmas. All but one taken off the street. Some git tried to steal both of our saddles last night but I had them well secured. luckily I had tools in my bag to reassemble mine or I would have missed the ferry and work today. Parts theft is more common round here than bike theft.
This is the last one I had taken, if you see someone riding it, be a love and bite their nose off for me. :okay::okay:

Top Bottom