bananas etc, how long until you feel the benefit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Okay dont eat bananas when you have kidney problems. Shouldn't of eaten the sh*t that made you have kidney problems in the first place.

More lack of knowledge exhibited, my niece was born with Kidney problems as it is more common than you would believe for kidneys not to form correctly, symptoms include urinary infections, growth retardation, high blood pressure and more. She was on dialysis from a very early age and required surgery
Her mother was not a smoker, drinker, she grew much of her own fresh veg and her diet concluded by large of fish and veg, she was not a lover of any kind of red or white meat. She ran sub 4 hour marathons and kept fit.

What part of my nieces diet do you in your wisdom consider was responsible for kidney failure? - or are you blaming her mother lifestyle?

The only truth that you continue to present is that you are ill informed. The fact is that not all medical conditions are caused soley by your diet.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Shame this thread became derailed because I was interested in the original question.

So in a probably fruitless (ho-ho) attempt to get it back on track.....

I'm not sure if this puts it back on track (my apologies for getting involved in getting off track)
Apparently one use for bananas may be to stop chaffing, I'm not testing it myself though.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080409061027AA7oaUE

Who's gonna be the first to mash a banana in the bib shorts?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hard Plant, you've stated in other threads that you are relatively new to cycling. You've lost a load of weight, with the benefit of the banana diet thingy.

One thing as an experienced cyclist, is you won't do great on a limited food supply, excluding this person you seem to look upto.

It is a form of eating disorder. Any experienced cyclist will tell you that a diet like this is a recipe for disaster long term. Not sure what cycling you do, but if you are doing 20 to 30 miles every day, commuting to work or training hard, then longer distances at weekends, your current diet won't provide the correct balance of nutrients given that level of exercise.

You obviously won't listen to the many folk on here who have many years of successful cycling on a varied diet. Meat eaters or vegetarians, we must have a varied diet.

Now you've openly admitted you were rather large, and probably got there by a bad diet, and lack of exercise. Now you've got that to a reasonable level now through this new diet of yours, you will have trouble getting the miles up carrying this on. This banana diet man probably makes a mint out of what is a fad, which can be very appealing to folk who may be obsessive compulsive.

Please bear in mind 99.99 percent of the members here won't sign up to this diet, so please don't preach to us .

Shaun

Founder
I've removed some of the latter posts / personal attacks and would ask that replies be made without any further repetition of previous posts, and without forcing personal views, opinions and/or lifestyle choices on others.

Thanks,
Shaun

tmesis

As an aside, what do people do with the skins when they eat a banana on the bike? Toss it into the undergrowth, thinking "it's OK, it's bio-degradable", or stick it in the back pocket and either find a bin later or a slimy mess when you get home?

Kookas

Über Member
As an aside, what do people do with the skins when they eat a banana on the bike? Toss it into the undergrowth, thinking "it's OK, it's bio-degradable", or stick it in the back pocket and either find a bin later or a slimy mess when you get home?

I throw it into a nearby bush. No reason to keep in the back pocket. They take a couple of weeks to fully degrade, but ultimately can only do good.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Thrown in a bush. They degrade, may take a little time.. but they do.
Everything else non degradable back in the pocket until I see a bin.

Top Bottom