Bank Holiday Ride -London?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
No updates yet? Everyone in a drunken stupor?? Damn you lot!

Anyhow, i hope the ride went well and am looking forward to the photos and write up. I went out earlier for a quick spin, just about managed 34 miles, so quite glad i didnt join and then henceforth be a liability.. shame still..

I was typing up my write-up as you posted this. Definitely not in a drunken stupor
biggrin.gif

AAA Should be four As actually, as in 'Another Adam Amazing Adventure.' Brilliant! I loved the gentle pootle back to Chichester - sorry didn't get to sat 'ta ta' properly Stu, but good luck next week.
Hills to die for. Climbs to love. UP and up and up. We loved the lady in Guilford? who was the 'horniest' motorist heard on a ride for a while.(I think she was only acknowledging tc1's 'derriere to die for' :rofl:.

Quite a quick crew out today that I had to keep up with:
Stu Aff
Mark M Grant
Ian Rauk
Andy ILB
Adam Flying Dodo
Dave tc1
Geoffrey (who I stupidly kept calling Graham - but hey! Graham is a nice name!) :blush: gbs
Big Martin 235
Little Martin Aperitif

The welcoming committee:
Simon dellzeqq
Susie Field
Daisy (Was once in a field)

A lovely spread of food awaited us, along with cheap tea that had no bags around it. All provided by the welcomers. Thanks 'The Sea Legg's Café'
What a nice day for it.
That's all for now but there is a story or two to be told I'm sure! Go to it boys!
Pippa - for those that know her, also completed her Lands End to John O'Groats mostly solo ride.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Bloody Hell I love these rides.
A very good day out indeed.
Thanks fellow riders.
Thanks Simon and Suzie for the lovely scram & tea. Really nice of you.
111 miles for the day for young ILB's and myself. Set at a fair cracking pace too with a fair bit of climbing and some wonderful descents. The legs are definitely feeling this one.

StuAff

My legs did feel it a bit too. I've decided that this week's tapering will be done in la belle France though
whistling.gif

iLB

Hello there
a great day out as ever, legs feeling just dandy. blew up about 5 miles from home sadly so got trashed up a few hills by ian, gutted...

just goes to show how far a student will go for free food! i would have been at notting hill carnie if i wasn't so skint atm
sad.gif

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
A great day, thanks one and all.
As has already been said Simon, Susie & Daisy were the hosts with the most, ( the most pasta at least!) Thank you.
The A286 wasn't quite the cycling nirvana I had imagined from Simons description. In my minds eye I could see a glorious road bathed in sunshine with a gentle downhill slope. There were of course long downhill stretches but they had to be paid for with some long uphill bits!
A nice ride and my route home from Victoria took me to a little over 106 miles for the day.

Mark.

martint235

Dog on a bike
It was an armwarmer and buff morning.

Thanks Adam for leading the ride
extra big thankyou to Susie and Simon for laying on a generous spread (i had seconds)
and for suggesting we ride down the wonderful a286

Martin Stu Ian Mark Andy gbs Adam Martin thankyou for a great day out
tc1

No it wasn't a morning for arm warmers. It's never a morning for arm warmers....

Ditto the thanks to Simon and Susie for the welcome and the food. I'm not really a pudding person but that crumble was very nice!!!!

A good day out had by all.

Shame my homeward ride partner (DavyW) didn't make it so I could get my 200 but got a 105 which makes a respectable 238 for the weekend.

StuAff

I agree, arm warmers were not necessary. Easiest way to keep warm was to ride
biggrin.gif

gbs

Guru
What a day!. Good hills to climb and even better descents (with apologies again to those who were afffected by my unsignalled slowing to check the route on a descent somewhere N of Midhurst), terrific lunch thanks to Simon and Susie, the ferry to Bosham, catching train from Bosham after a wait of 2 mins and the London connection with 30 secs to spare AND THEN SR announce that there will be a toilet stop at ... because train facilities are not working (not good news for my old bladder) and dinner with MiL.

Not a lot I can add to all that. I think the wind tapered off a bit as we got out of London, hence the slightly later than expected arrival. The tops of my knees ache a bit, so it was definitely a good work out. Next time, we can go on the A283 - that has less climbing overall!

An excellent turnout, so at times we had a nice peloton rolling along. And then pasta and crumble heaven when we arrived, so thanks again to Simon, Susie and Daisy for their hospitality during their holiday.

Sorry I disappeared without saying anything, but I'd slowed up a bit to double check my turn-off to get to Bognor, and then when I looked up just before the junction, everyone was out of earshot.

102 miles overall, and probably quite a few calories expended, so a good day out.

Edit - One of the (many) highlights was rolling along through Regents Park (after someone needed a comfort break) and seeing this towering stone and gold monument. I hadn't realised where we'd come out, next to the Albert Hall, so I'd never seen the Albert Memorial before. Impressive!

Top Bottom