Bank Holiday Ride -London?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbs

Guru
Yup, 08.00 @ HPC.

I will be v happy to join this ride if the Whitstable jaunt and tennis on both saturday and sunday leave any power in the legs. If you take DoDo's route I will join you at the Sth side of Putney Bridge (it being a stone's throw from home). I will be there at 0830 - look for a tall guy red shirt. If you do not arrive by 0845 no doubt impatience will get the better of me and I will set off at a gentle pace.

In the alternative case don't wait for me - I am obsessively punctual and no show means no show and distraction by as yet unannounced family events, feebleness on my part or some other lame excuse.

The f'cast looks good.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
OK then, the people have spoken!

How about something like this?

76.6 miles and less than half the climbing we did to go round the M25, so quite easy!

Edit:-

And no, the route doesn't go on the A3, just the cycle path adjacent to it!
looks good to me. The slip road off the A3 at Burpham would save you some time, and there are some bushes on the left hand side which afford the gentlemen a chance to relieve themselves (that's a personal recommendation for you if ever there was one). Guildford oneway system is a bit of a 'mare, but if you keep looking for A3100 you'll be fine.

There are some magic moments on the A286 which you'll find along the way.

The Bosham Ferry takes 8 bikes - the number is 07970 378 350 Best to call first if you fancy it. It means that you divert around Chichester, which is a lovely town, but you do get to see Bosham church from across the water, which is one of the great sights in England

I'm guessing you'll arrive about 1pm. I'll have a bit of a spread ready. I've no idea what the flat is like - it was what was available at next to no notice. Hopefully there's a balcony we can sit out on.

Just one question - is this Sunday or Monday? Either are good.

OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
the ride's on monday

Ian
Stu
Martin235
Davy
Lee
Adam
Mark G
Redjedi/Leon as they call him at look mum no hands
gbs
tc1

i'm expecting a couple to pull out

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
the ride's on monday

Ian
Stu
Martin235
Davy
Lee
Adam
Mark G
Redjedi/Leon as they call him at look mum no hands
gbs
tc1

i'm expecting a couple to pull out

Assuming all goes well tomorrow night, I'm still in....one rest day will be enough for the next couple of weeks
wink.gif

gbs

Guru
To Routemaster/Flying DoDo

I might summon up the strength/resolve for part of the return leg but will check train times for a bailout - do you plan to return via Midhurst A285 or Petworth A286? BRs.

gbs

Guru
To Routemaster/Flying DoDo

I might summon up the strength/resolve for part of the return leg but will check train times for a bailout - do you plan to return via Midhurst A285 or Petworth A286? BRs.

Please ignore the above. I created a phantom route by clicking to pan on the map.! :wub:

For those of you with a like minded weak constitution - there are 5 trains/hr from Haslemere

For anyone who's downloaded the route into a GPS, after zooming in, I've noticed that bizarrely in a few place, Bike Route Toaster has selected a footpath for a short cut, for example in Lavant.

We'll be sticking to the road.

Also, the route ends in West Wittering, but we should be East Wittering. Apart from those minor details, it's fine!

gbs

Guru
I have just learnt of a new family commitment for monday so it is unlikely that I will join you. Outward bound you will have a tailwind.

OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Adam
Davy
Ian
Luke
Mark
Martin
Stu
tc1

hpc 8am

stu and mark i don't have your mobile no's check your pm

redjedi

Über Member
I'm afraid I'll be unable to make tomorrow.

My bike is currently crankless as the bearings need replacing, and tomorrow is the only time I can make it to the shop to get them replaced.

Have fun

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Am dead, am tired, am sore, am achey, am headachey, my solarpanel roof is sunburnt, my lips are chapped and ive not managed to get to TESCOs to get my wine gums, but i 'only' need 125 miles to get my first 1000mile month..

So to the words of a great childrens tv character, 'can i do it? Yes i can!'

I hope.. going for a quick pootle now to bring those miles down..

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Am dead, am tired, am sore, am achey, am headachey, my solarpanel roof is sunburnt, my lips are chapped and ive not managed to get to TESCOs to get my wine gums, but i 'only' need 125 miles to get my first 1000mile month..

So to the words of a great childrens tv character, 'can i do it? Yes i can!'

I hope.. going for a quick pootle now to bring those miles down..

Top Bottom