Bank Holiday Ride -London?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Ian
Stu
Martin235
Davy
User3143
Adam
Mark G
tc1

we're still undecided on the route, which do you prefer guys?
the easy gatwick way or the longer hilly scenic way

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Ian
Stu
Martin235
Davy
User3143
Adam
Mark G
tc1

Cool, I like the list and quite excited. Along with the Whitstable ride, it could be around 400miles in the space of 3 ish days for me.

Am not fussed on the route, but I would like this to be a 200+ miler for me. However, HPC, Guildford, this fancy road to East Whittling seems cool with me and pretty straight forward.. then again, I just look at easy straight line A roads when planning, hills come and go and make a man! hahaha

martint235

Dog on a bike
Cool, I like the list and quite excited. Along with the Whitstable ride, it could be around 400miles in the space of 3 ish days for me.

Am not fussed on the route, but I would like this to be a 200+ miler for me. However, HPC, Guildford, this fancy road to East Whittling seems cool with me and pretty straight forward.. then again, I just look at easy straight line A roads when planning, hills come and go and make a man! hahaha

Ditto. Not fussed about the route but at least 150 miles would be good. 200 better

redjedi

Über Member
Ian
Stu
Martin235
Davy
User3143
Adam
Mark G
tc1

I think I'll join you as well.

I like the idea of the hillier route ( not something I would have said a year ago)
ohmy.gif

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Excellant luke, been ages since I last saw you!

Oh yes Martin, sounds good to me. I still yet to do my first 2 ton... and am very determined to do it too!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
+1 for going the scenic route. Down & over to the A286, I'd say (as to how we get there, pass!)....
Want to get the ton myself....

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
OK then, the people have spoken!

How about something like this?

76.6 miles and less than half the climbing we did to go round the M25, so quite easy!

Edit:-

And no, the route doesn't go on the A3, just the cycle path adjacent to it!

Looks good to me too. I sorta cover that area a few times on my cycles so fairly au faix with it, although typlically I drop through from Chobham to Stoke D'Abernon and then the A246 to Guildford, however, its hilly, but fairly fast with then rolling hills. Never had a problem on it either. However, ive quite had enough for hills for the moment and, just checking it over, this course is on par with ft climbed on the way to Oxford Friday night, and that was about 30 miles less so Ive no intention to increase the climb on this ride... no wonder I was dead..

martint235

Dog on a bike
Is the Notting Hill Carnival likely to interfere with our route out of London? Doesn't it end up in Hyde Park nowadays or did they stop that?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Is the Notting Hill Carnival likely to interfere with our route out of London? Doesn't it end up in Hyde Park nowadays or did they stop that?

Just checked the route on the Carnival website...it doesn't go as far south as HP (southernmost is Westbourne Grove), and there's no risk of us getting caught up in it.

Top Bottom