Bank holiday weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike e

I am also running very slowly today.......

When I posted my Peak District pic and asked "if only we knew what day?", Teef then very kindly posted the picture details. I knew these as I was there when I took the picture...;)

My question was refering to the Strines ride at the end of this month were the day of the ride is still in limbo...:thumbsup:

iLB

Hello there
mike e said:
I have a similar dilemma, sometimes the back wheel on the fixed moves forward causing chain slack so................

1) Buy new wheel nuts with more bite to them

2) Buy new bike

Option 2 is definately the easier as it doesn't involve tools................

dibs on the old one... ;)

mike e

When this happens.......
13zyiic.jpg

You miss out on this!!!
b55k5e.jpg

We decided on rhubarb crumble for after's
5k0sgn.jpg

Were the girl's plotting something here???
2rpfs00.jpg

Teef did his best to get us in....
hvq9h4.jpg

This place has a certain character about it
sch0eo.jpg

mistral

Guru
A belated thank you to topcat for the original idea, Teef for the (mostly) expert shepherding and to everyone else for making this yet another cracking ride.

Just a thought, how about considering a post Christmas jolly, maybe Richmond Park then taking in some riverside bozers?

In fancy dress?

For Charity?

mike e

mistral said:
A belated thank you to topcat for the original idea, Teef for the (mostly) expert shepherding and to everyone else for making this yet another cracking ride.

Just a thought, how about considering a post Christmas jolly, maybe Richmond Park then taking in some riverside bozers?

In fancy dress?

For Charity?

Looking at the picture outside the posh gates, most of us are in fancy dress...................:smile::biggrin:

mike e

It was all his fault....:sad:
14m9pnp.jpg

Always nice for someone to call and rub it in...:smile:
1z2n7du.jpg

Shortly after this photo we were both stopped for doing 48mph in a 38mph..:sad:
jl5x1c.jpg

Thank you everyone for a fantastic day out, although these days start a little early and finish a little late (well for me anyway) they are well worth the effort. I may have said that after the Southend ride as well, there's a definate pattern forming here...Mike travels a long way for a great ride with lovely people, someone's wheel break's, I nearly miss the train home. This ride was a little different as I got to have a beer at the end, twice!, it would have been nice to have a drink with everyone who was on the ride so maybe next time. Topcat1, keep asking the questions, Teef, absolute genius, the ride, the pub stop (best homemade burger I have ever eaten) the raffle (thank you very much for my new hat) the many sights we saw (including the rear entrance of Slough police station..:biggrin:) the list goe's on and on but if I keep posting I'm going to be late for work which is not like me as I'm never late for anything...............honest, well maybe then..

Bye for now and until the next time, if anyone has an inspirational idea the more notice the better for me so I can book my cheapo tickets, unless of course you all want to travel oop north for a ride???

Sig SilverPrinter

Aperitif said:
And the bee / wasp addition is because Sig got stung. 'Ouch' she said as the wasp drilled her lip.
And then she carried on. Tough stuff our Sig. Good to ride with and tuff stuff. ;)

Think I said a little more than just ouch,I remember quite a bit of swearing.
As for being tough,growing up with 2 older brothers who liked to beat me up I had to toughen up.

Anyway , despite the wasp encounter i had a great time,can we do this one again,would like to do that last bit that I missed due to lack of time

alinaee

Sig SilverPrinter said:
Think I said a little more than just ouch,I remember quite a bit of swearing.
As for being tough,growing up with 2 older brothers who liked to beat me up I had to toughen up.

Anyway , despite the wasp encounter i had a great time,can we do this one again,would like to do that last bit that I missed due to lack of time

agreed this was a fantastic ride......good weather, great people!!.....

our ride back was somewhat eventful, we ended up at heathrow and man do those planes look big overhead!!

alinaee

Aperitif said:
I forgot to tell TC "...when you get to the Clockhouse Roundabout, take the line that sends you towards the A315...sorry. :biggrin:

nah it was way more fun the route we took, have never seen planes so close overhead before!!

mike e

alinaee said:
nah it was way more fun the route we took, have never seen planes so close overhead before!!

Can you say for certain that you wasn't riding down the runway??....:biggrin:

Top Bottom