Banks and 'junk' mail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
beanzontoast
NickM said:
Northern Rock was a building society until they bribed the customers to agree to changing it into a (hawk, spit) bank.

I have found a Nationwide Anglia current account pretty satisfactory for many years now. No charges, and none of that vulgar "hard selling" nonsense from them. I can't think why anybody would prefer a bank.

Britannia in my case. I didn't mind the change in status in one sense - the windfall must be the only time I've ever got anything of any size back from any bank or building society. As I hadn't used the account for ages and had nearly closed it at one point, it was a bit of an unexpected bonus.

My current account is with Nationwide, but I think I've still got a savings account with around £100 in, from the carpetbagging hysteria days. I think I had shares from the Alliance and Leicester and the Woolwich, and possibly another which escapes me now. Right place, right time, rather than deliberate carpetbagging. And if Nationwide wanted to change, I'd vote against it.

OP
OP
beanzontoast
Dave5N said:
Bad credit score? :thumbsup:

Someone was explaining to me the other day that because I only have one credit card and rarely use that, I am not doing myself any favours in credit rating terms. So preferring to pay by cash and sleeping at night has gone out of fashion and can actually count against me?

What is happening to the world?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Send your account numbers to me folks, along with passwords, pin numbers etc. I know a few people, I'll sort them out for you.... :thumbsup:

Top Bottom