Bar bag for fat bars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
I've bought an Altura bar bag with a Klikfix fitting for my new Galaxy but the handlebars are too fat for the fitting to go round:sad:. Can anyone suggest a bag/fitting that will fit?

OP
OP
HelenD123

HelenD123

Legendary Member
BalkanExpress said:
Please do n't shoot the messanger: but Evans have them for £30. :evil:

the tags are still on you could ship it back to wiggle get the adaptor and still be in "profit":biggrin:

I didn't get it from Wiggle. That was just for illustrative purposes. Mine was even more of a bargain at £20 from the CTC Rally :welcome::ohmy:.

So I live another day:laugh:

£20 is a great price. I got mine at Evans and its first real use will be on tour next week. On local rides it has been rock solid, no sign of the lid poping up over bumps as others has described but then mine will not be used off road.

OP
OP
HelenD123

HelenD123

Legendary Member
BalkanExpress said:
So I live another day:laugh:

£20 is a great price. I got mine at Evans and its first real use will be on tour next week. On local rides it has been rock solid, no sign of the lid poping up over bumps as others has described but then mine will not be used off road.

I foolishly didn't read any reviews, but I'm sure it will be fine. It'll only be used on road anyway and it's got to be better than the Lidl one it's replacing which doesn't have a mount and just sags down. And it matches my panniers:becool:.

mattlandells

After many weeks of looking around, I finally signed up!

Just seen this topic and wanted to ask some advice on a sub £30 bar bag that would fit on my Ritchey OS 31.8mm handlebars which taper away from the centre, which is why I am unsure on what to buy.

Any advice would be much appreciated :biggrin:

OP
OP
HelenD123

HelenD123

Legendary Member
mattlandells said:
After many weeks of looking around, I finally signed up!

Just seen this topic and wanted to ask some advice on a sub £30 bar bag that would fit on my Ritchey OS 31.8mm handlebars which taper away from the centre, which is why I am unsure on what to buy.

Any advice would be much appreciated :biggrin:

:welcome:If you see any bar bags with a Klickfix fitting like the one I bought you'll need to buy the fitting for oversize bars so factor in another £2.99. The Altura Fusion can be had from Evans for £29.99 I haven't used it yet but it looks fine and there's not much else around for the price.

Top Bottom