Bar end mirrors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
This shows my Brompton with mirror which when the bike was folded tucked in nicely without any adjustment.

7C3D6B23-E46D-43CE-8FA4-C545B92D695F.png

presta

Guru
I can vouch for how much that can hurt.
I just ended up on the roof of the car. Fortunately the occupants were too embarrassed about being parked on a double yellow line to ask how I got there.
What you time triallists need is a reverse version of these!
Why? Those buffers look as if they're on the right side already.

OP
OP
UphillSlowly

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
What you time triallists need is a reverse version of these!
View attachment 719260
Unless you wore them upside down. There must be a market for that type of thing, too, with people working on jobs over their heads.
Perhaps there would be more danger from others losing control and colliding with you while laughing hysterically than there actually would be from yourselves with your head down, running into things.

The reverse of these exist already. They are called Belayers glasses. Climbers use them
belayer-glasses-belayer-navy-blue.jpg

a.twiddler

Veteran
The reverse of these exist already. They are called Belayers glasses. Climbers use them
View attachment 719284

That's excellent! Can get them with adjustable angles, too. so you can see past the edge of your UCI mandated helmet in a head down position. Next, someone will say that the UCI don't approve of stuff like that as it gives the rider an unfair advantage. If not dying from riding into something can be seen as an "advantage". Maybe appealing to snooker players? Just the thing when you have to change a ceiling light fitting if your neck is as creaky as mine.

Bristolian

Having read this thread I fitted a pair of bar end mirrors to my bike today but haven't had a chance to head out and see how well they work.
Hopefully, if Storm Isha has blown itself out sufficiently I will get to try them tomorrow :okay:

EDIT to add: I've had the chance to try the mirrors on a couple of rides now and am quite pleased with them. I have a problem twisting my head to the right making looking back a rather painful experience. If a car is reasonably close and to my right I can see it's there but nothing else whereas the mirrors let me see stuff several hundred metres behind and gauge its closing speed. I feel much safer now when turning right or moving into the right hand lane approaching a roundabout. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Another happy Zefal spy user here. I miss it when I forget to transfer it between bikes.

Top Bottom