Bar ends for Brompton?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

Melvil

I like bar ends. Always have done. And the one's I've got on my Brommie came off my 1994 Orange P7.

They're just standard 90's bar ends. But as I commute all through the winter, I slid some cheap foam grips over the top because my hands used to get really cold from the metal. And then when they split, I added some very fetching Duck Tape over the top...

Might not look the best, but they're really comfy and help to extend the riding position a fair bit.

However, on a cautionary note, I did buy an H6L because I knew I was going to put small risers bars on with bar ends and figured the extra ground clearance would help.

That's really clever how the handlebars are wide enough to accommodate the bar ends either side of the wheel. Very nice.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Woodman micro bar ends on. I've, although not sure you can still get them.....

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I use these on my H and M type B's.

http://i-grip.procraft.de

They use the inner of the tube to grip and in effect give me a 2" grip extension either side and still folds up with no issues.
Very comfy and cheaper to buy from rose bikes or discount bikes in Germany than SJS Cycles.

I also have these on my M type. It still folds fine as long as you get the angle right - but I managed it so it cannot be hard ! Makes riding more of a pleasure with different hand positions. I got mine from discount bikes - delivered, as far as I remember, in about 5 days :smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Melvil

Hi all - just to say I fitted the Ergon GP2's today and they are great. Fantastically comfortable and another hand position.

On another note - it is pretty unbelievable that a £1000 Brompton bike has cheapo foam grips as standard. They really aren't that good.

Top Bottom