Bar Tape......a couple of basic questions.

Dave7

Legendary Member
On my drops the sticky bit at the ends (inside top) has become 'unsticky'.
Can I use bog standard electricians tape or should I use something specifically for that ?
The very ends were it has become 'unsticky' is shaped/cut to a point. I assume there is a reason for that ?

Can I use bog standard electricians tape or should I use something specifically for that ?
The very ends were it has become 'unsticky' is shaped/cut to a point. I assume there is a reason for that ?
Those ends are tucked into the bar ends, and the plugs are pushed in with the tape inside.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
When you say 'inside top' do you mean at the stem end? If so I have used ordinary electricians' tape before. Its waterproof and easily replaced if necessary. If you meant at the handlebar end, then Racing Roadkill is correct. :thumbsup:

T4tomo

Veteran
Cut to a point so the edge finishes straight.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Sometimes you'll get a few inches of sticky tape in the package but standard vinyl tape is fine. A big roll of black vinyl tape is an essential in every shed, garage or workshop.

Top Bottom