Bar Tape......a couple of basic questions.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
On my drops the sticky bit at the ends (inside top) has become 'unsticky'.
Can I use bog standard electricians tape or should I use something specifically for that ?
The very ends were it has become 'unsticky' is shaped/cut to a point. I assume there is a reason for that ?

Can I use bog standard electricians tape or should I use something specifically for that ?
The very ends were it has become 'unsticky' is shaped/cut to a point. I assume there is a reason for that ?
Those ends are tucked into the bar ends, and the plugs are pushed in with the tape inside.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
When you say 'inside top' do you mean at the stem end? If so I have used ordinary electricians' tape before. Its waterproof and easily replaced if necessary. If you meant at the handlebar end, then Racing Roadkill is correct. :thumbsup:

T4tomo

Guru
Cut to a point so the edge finishes straight.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Sometimes you'll get a few inches of sticky tape in the package but standard vinyl tape is fine. A big roll of black vinyl tape is an essential in every shed, garage or workshop.

Top Bottom