Bar Tape, am I too Fussy or?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChangFai

I saw this bar tape on a well known retailers website, and I loved how the red colour seemed to show through the black tape, so thought that is what I need and ordered.

Now the bar tape is on, it does not even look remotely what they advertised in their photos.

Am I just too fussy, or do I have a right to whinge?

(I know, the position of the brake cable, it was not me, but I will be fixing it)

Looks like they applied more tension and less overlap.

OP
OP
ChangFai

ChangFai

What was the tape like before you fitted it - was there actually enough red underneath the black?

I would say the underside was red as per their website, but it was not very visible through the perforations like it shows here, but I just thought it would be fine once fitted.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Looks like they've wound up the contrast and perhaps satuation of their image.. doesn't really look as-advertised, do it?

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Looks like they applied more tension and less overlap.
Less tension? OP's really wound up about this, clearly! :whistle:

si_c

Guru
Doesn't look particularly brilliant I must admit. Certainly it was never going to look the same as in the picture so I'd say it was shoddy and I would return as not being as advertised. A scathing review might be in order too.

OP
OP
ChangFai

ChangFai

Thank you for your email and photos.

I appreciate your concern, but I can see that you have received a correct item and tape looks as expected.

However it looks like tape may be wrapped looser than the wrap in the photos causing his effect, but please be assured that tape is correct.

Regards
Nick M
Wiggle Customer Services

Top Bottom