Barcelona scams

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
Try and get out to see Montserrat near Barcelona the views are stunning. There's a rack railway carriage that takes you up at a vertiginous angle. Take copies of all your docs, passport etc before you go and make a list of numbers to call if sadly you are targetted.

Barcelona......can't getting Freddie Mercury and Montserrat Cabaillie out of my head. Barcelona.......

It's a great city have a great time and have lots of Tapas ;).

Greedo

Barcelona is pretty bad for pickpockets as most European hotspots are.

I would just keep your wits about you and don't carry stuff you don't need.

I was there for a football match once and in 4 days all 5 of us at some point had some peanut trying to pick our pockets. Las Ramblas at night seemed the worst.

We were obviously not local so they try it on with you. Just walk on if someone stops and asks you anything as that's how they start by asking you something trivial to distract you.

Best city I've been to though apart from that.

Globalti

Legendary Member
So... lock your passport in the hotel safe, keep a copy elsewhere and only carry the cash you need for the day in a front pocket.

Standard precautions in some parts of Africa.

But don't tell any Spaniard that his country feels like Africa; he'll kill you.

Maz

Guru
The Velvet Curtain said:
The beach front is worth a stroll, particularly if your husband is partial to watching topless women...
I was duped by that one...I went to the beach, but not a female nipple in sight.
What a scam!

caminsk

:tongue: Barna is fine...
it is not as dangerous as people may think.
dont worry too much, just pay attention!
its normal in a touristic city crowded like here.

when are you guys coming?

drop me a line if u like,
i can show you some places around :tongue:

caminsk@hotmail.com

see ya

Abitrary

barcelona is a scary overrated place, especially round that busy bit, the ramblas that people have mentioned.

A huge amount of scary violent pissheads and too many whores of unknown gender trying to grab you.