Barcodes or Microwave

Which changed our lives more Barcode or the Microwave

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
2 things that we have taken for granted but they have changed the way we do things and they are everywhere. Will QR take over.

Keith Oates

Janner
You can't cook porridge with a bar code. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 23692

chart_zpstsxbxz9w.png

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've no idea what direct benefit a barcode is to me. It helps warehouses, stock control, and that kind of thing but it's hard to know how much of the benefits come through to the consumer. A microwave cooker is of direct use to me.

Reactions: gbb
I've no idea what direct benefit a barcode is to me. It helps warehouses, stock control, and that kind of thing but it's hard to know how much of the benefits come through to the consumer. A microwave cooker is of direct use to me.
Imagine your supermarket checkout counter without barcodes. Every price has to tapped in. You won't have an itemised invoice.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Imagine your supermarket checkout counter without barcodes. Every price has to tapped in. You won't have an itemised invoice.

My life has been so enriched by having an itemised list of the contents of my shopping trolley that I find it difficult to know where to start with the precis of the mountains of praise.

Or I might be lying.

stephec

Legendary Member
I remember in my student days when we used to go to Kwik Save where the checkout staff used to know the price (supposedly) of every item in the shop so that they could till it in manually.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Will QR take over. Is that a question and if it is can we have a bit of background? I've never heard of it so at the moment I'm firmly in the couldn't give a shïte camp. And if anyone says JFGI they can do one.

QR refers to those square patterns of black and white squares on billboards, van sides, magazines and flyers which require you to:

1. Remember that it is a method of accessing a website
2. Get your smart phone out.
3. Fumble with the password to gain access to your apps list
4. Curse because you don't have the QR app installed
5. Look for an open access Wi-fi spot because your download limit on 3G/4G has been reached
6. Download the QR app
7. Install the QR app
8. Figure out how to get the app to work.
9. Try to get the QR code focussed and in register
10. Wait for the linked web site to down load
11. Be underwhelmed by the contents of the web site.
12. Miss the bus or train that you were heading for before being distracted by the QR code

OR

Ignore them and enjoy an uninterrupted life.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
QR refers to those square patterns of black and white squares on billboards, van sides, magazines and flyers which require you to:

1. Remember that it is a method of accessing a website
2. Get your smart phone out.
3. Fumble with the password to gain access to your apps list
4. Curse because you don't have the QR app installed
5. Look for an open access Wi-fi spot because your download limit on 3G/4G has been reached
6. Download the QR app
7. Install the QR app
8. Figure out how to get the app to work.
9. Try to get the QR code focussed and in register
10. Wait for the linked web site to down load
11. Be underwhelmed by the contents of the web site.
12. Miss the bus or train that you were heading for before being distracted by the QR code

OR

Ignore them and enjoy an uninterrupted life.

Cheers Vern, I'll stick with the 'or' option, it's worked for me so far.

Top Bottom