Barcodes or Microwave

Which changed our lives more Barcode or the Microwave

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Barcodes. I have lived most of my life without a microwave and not missed it in the slightest.

Barcodes on the overhand, well I've worked in plenty of places where they are a saviour and been the person who had to fix the equipment that scans or prints the barcode and I know the problems and headaches caused when said equipment is not working!

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

Is that microwaves as in the compact fast-cooking things or microwaves as in the radio waves used by mobile phones? If it's the latter I'll go with microwaves.

Cooking.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Qr is not taking off. We're a printing company. We offer and even push the benefits of qr on bcards, literature etc. most never heard of it and virtually zero take up despite showing what it can do.

That's because it's a passive activity. You can take it or leave it. QR apps are not default installations on smart phones. It requires the user to do something to get further information when more often or not, the means to immediately react, is not at hand. The QR codes are more often a barrier to accessing information than an aid to accessing information.

JMAG

Über Member
Barcodes by a long shot. Not just used in supermarkets, but manufacturing, distribution, logistics, even your suitcases when flying.

My first Saturday job was at our local Budgens supermarket in 1981. Everything was priced by hand with a sticker gun and keyed into the till individually with just a subcategory denoting groceries, bakery etc. Stocktaking was done daily, but the worst job was repricing items. You had to remove the old sticker first and then apply new stickers. I remember when doing a big stack of baked beans or whatever that you used the edge of one can to take the sticker off another.

I'm not sure superstores or hyper-markets would exist without barcodes.

I prefer to be served by a real human.

The only thing I miss about stopping smoking is that I no longer have a reason to visit the tobacco counter of the local Tesco's and flirt with the lovely girl who usually works there:wub:
Are there not yoofs hanging about outside you could sell the fags on to and make a profit? Then use said profit to take the girl out with. Or show her how much you like her by buying her a pie.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
QR refers to those square patterns of black and white squares on billboards, van sides, magazines and flyers which require you to:

1. Remember that it is a method of accessing a website
2. Get your smart phone out.
3. Fumble with the password to gain access to your apps list
4. Curse because you don't have the QR app installed
5. Look for an open access Wi-fi spot because your download limit on 3G/4G has been reached
6. Download the QR app
7. Install the QR app
8. Figure out how to get the app to work.
9. Try to get the QR code focussed and in register
10. Wait for the linked web site to down load
11. Be underwhelmed by the contents of the web site.
12. Miss the bus or train that you were heading for before being distracted by the QR code

OR

Ignore them and enjoy an uninterrupted life.

You missed:
13: Get kicked in by the skinhead three urinals down who thinks you're trying to photograph his knob.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
[QUOTE 3565041, member: 259"]Let me guess....
4521a.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Spot on but I've found the metallic edging makes a nice sparkly display!

Top Bottom