Bargain Bibs from Tenn Outdoors..........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sittingbull

Veteran
No delivery here either. Fingers crossed for Tuesday.

dhd.evans

Veteran
I've got the bib shorts (bought from Amazon a few weeks ago). Three rides so far in a M size (i'm a 34" waist, 30" leg, 5' 9" height). Experience is thus:

- A little tight over the shoulders.
- Crotchal region is quite far forward
- Crotchal region is low, like teenagers wearing jeans low. Occasional snag on the seat.
- Padding is waaaaaay forward. Not on bumcheeks but nearer my coinpurse.

Overall: comfy once 'adjusted' (and i mean that in all aspects of adjustment) but a little uncomfy. Like wearing new leather shoes; you'll break them in, but it'll take a few rides before you do.

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Mine have arrived. First impressions are very good.

They seem to be well made for the money, the sizing is good and the pad feels great and well positioned.

I've no chance to test them in the saddle until at least the weekend, but based on these first impressions they're money well spent IMO :biggrin:

sittingbull

Veteran
Mine have arrived too. Again first impressions are good :smile:
I missed the postie and a neighbour passed them to me when I got back from a ride.
Can't comment on sizing yet 'cos I literally got off the bike, opened them and took some pix. Pad is 25mm at the thickest.

cc1.jpg cc2.jpg cc3.jpg cc4.jpg

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Mine came today and the sizing is on the slightly small side- I went for XL and found them quite snug (I'm a L in normal clothes) quick 10 mile blast in them seemed to do well- early days yet.

sittingbull

Veteran
Further update:The pad appears as good as any I've used before. However as mentioned by others the sizing appears off. "Snug" is putting it mildlly.

I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if I can exchange them for a larger size.

dhd.evans

Veteran
"Snug" is putting it mildlly.

Yes, one's codpiece does appear to have a rather defined outline, non?

sittingbull

Veteran
:laugh:

Excellent service again from Tenn Outdoors. I've just sorted an exchange for the next size up without any hassle at all ^_^
They told me the Pro shorts are supposed to be a little snug (mine were a bit too snug but that's the trial and error nature of buying on-line), the pads are apparently thicker than some of their others.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I had a pair of tenn shorts with the same pad from halfords on offer , different to the ones i was one about pad wise and took them back as the pad edge was not flat stitched so it rubbed me raw.

Top Bottom