Bargain or not ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Suddabym

Giant contend 2 Found this on eBay it says and looks mint condition. Is it a bargain ??

Attachments

• 9351CF6A-6009-4F33-AB7F-9D8F6058F038.png
    9351CF6A-6009-4F33-AB7F-9D8F6058F038.png
    94.7 KB · Views: 33
No idea from that pic.
Has the seller got good history ?
A link to the ad would be better.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ask him to add a picture of the receipt. If it’s new, he should have it or be able to get a copy. Looks genuine from the pictures but I’m a cautious second hand buyer so I’d want proof

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Looks decent value for the price. If you're up in Yorkshire then the Yorkshire Cycling Sales FB group is always worth a try.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
From a few years ago IIRC the Contend 2 is their entry level model that retails (retailed) at around £450-500. Typically a good rule of thub for a used bike is about 50% of new; so this fits that rule.. however I have no idea how Coronatax has subsequently affected both new and used values.

If it's legit and in good nick it certainly doesn't look like the worst deal in the world..

*EDIT* - F*ck me - the list price on these is now £750; so (while that's obviously for a new model, which "yours" ain't) £250 doesn't seem to shabby!

Alex321

Veteran
That appears to be the 2017 model, which you can still get new for £517.50, rather than the £750 that the 2021 model would currently cost (as the seller says).

But there doesn't appear to be much difference apart from the colour scheme. [EDIT} and more recent models have SR-3 wheels rather than SR-2[/EDIT]

I can't find any more recent than 2017 with that colour scheme.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Suddabym

Suddabym

From a few years ago IIRC the Contend 2 is their entry level model that retails (retailed) at around £450-500. Typically a good rule of thub for a used bike is about 50% of new; so this fits that rule.. however I have no idea how Coronatax has subsequently affected both new and used values.

If it's legit and in good nick it certainly doesn't look like the worst deal in the world..

*EDIT* - F*ck me - the list price on these is now £750; so (while that's obviously for a new model, which "yours" ain't) £250 doesn't seem to shabby!
Thank you for replying it’s the cheapest I’ve seen only thing is I will be buying it blind but looking at the photos it should be ok.

OP
OP
Suddabym

Suddabym

That appears to be the 2017 model, which you can still get new for £517.50, rather than the £750 that the 2021 model would currently cost (as the seller says).

But there doesn't appear to be much difference apart from the colour scheme. [EDIT} and more recent models have SR-3 wheels rather than SR-2[/EDIT]

I can't find any more recent than 2017 with that colour scheme.
Same here I’ve been looking for a while and can’t find any either.

Top Bottom