"Barry Bond" bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnkey

Hi guys, was doing a little browsing on the net and came across this forum. Barry Bond is my Grandpa. He doesn't make bikes anymore although he does have a tinker around with them. He does still have some of his frames etc...it's excellent to see some people appreciating his work. Cheers Jake.
I Jake give my regards to Janet , Barry and Debora.
I used to spend time and money in the shop on Saturdays, was sad to see the shop go.
I live in USA now and don't cycle as much as I would like.

John Key

Jake Sole

Regular
Hi, thanks for all the comments, iv shown him the forum Barry and Janet send their regards to you all.

@biggs682 i have spoken to my grandpa and he has said he does have some decals still he will have a look and let me know and I shall let you know. @Johnkey they remember you and asked where you are in the USA and asked how you are getting on.

Thanks all,I will be in touch soon!

Jake

wothorpe

I have just spoken to Barry on the phone, I am the anaesthetist who has 3 bikes made by Barry and he is holding the large frame he made for me in 1989 in one of the photos. This bike is beautiful, I have had it painted by Mercian.

I loved the shop when I was a registrar in Leciester, and living in Oadby.

best wishes

Richard Griffiths

GGJ

Veteran
That red Barry Bond is lovely looking Ian.

I dabbled into the world of Barry Bond last year when a Tandem came up for sale locally. The plan was to do a bit of cycling with my daughter when she decided that it wasn't for her so I soon sold it again. I'm not sure if the frame was made by Barry or if he bought them in and put his name to them but I have seen several different named but very similar looking frames

P1050536.jpg

P1050538.jpg

P1050539.jpg

P1050544.jpg

P1050552.jpg

SteCenturion

I am your Father
That red Barry Bond is lovely looking Ian.

I dabbled into the world of Barry Bond last year when a Tandem came up for sale locally. The plan was to do a bit of cycling with my daughter when she decided that it wasn't for her so I soon sold it again. I'm not sure if the frame was made by Barry or if he bought them in and put his name to them but I have seen several different named but very similar looking frames

P1050536.jpg

P1050538.jpg

P1050539.jpg

P1050544.jpg

P1050552.jpg
This thread & especially those photos have re affirmed an idea I have for another thread (that might have been done - don't know - relatively newbie) so watch out for it in the Cafe section, should be interesting.

Won't give the game away just yet, post back tomorrow.

Superb thread with great anecdotes this, enjoying it lots.

Hi, thanks for all the comments, iv shown him the forum Barry and Janet send their regards to you all.

@biggs682 i have spoken to my grandpa and he has said he does have some decals still he will have a look and let me know and I shall let you know. @Johnkey they remember you and asked where you are in the USA and asked how you are getting on.

Thanks all,I will be in touch soon!

Jake
Hi Jake
Do you have a contact for your Grandad as I am very keen to obtain a set of decals for a Barry Bond frame that I 've just purchased to restore.

Hi guys, was doing a little browsing on the net and came across this forum. Barry Bond is my Grandpa. He doesn't make bikes anymore although he does have a tinker around with them. He does still have some of his frames etc...it's excellent to see some people appreciating his work. Cheers Jake.
Hi Jake
Do you know if your Grandad has any head tube decals left as I am restoring a frame of his?

Top Bottom