"Barry Bond" bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bazschmaz

Readers wife alert.

My Barry Bond trackie

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 80
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 81
  • photo-3.JPG
    photo-3.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 83
  • photo-4.JPG
    photo-4.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 89
  • photo-5.JPG
    photo-5.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 85

Haylock74

Hi guys, was doing a little browsing on the net and came across this forum. Barry Bond is my Grandpa. He doesn't make bikes anymore although he does have a tinker around with them. He does still have some of his frames etc...it's excellent to see some people appreciating his work. Cheers Jake.
Hi Jake
I have just acquired one of your Grandpas track frames from the early 70s. Would love to restore it to its former glory and wondered if he still has some original decals knocking around?
Cheers
Chris

JakeSole

Hi all, Not posted in a while however, it fills me with great sadness to let you all know that Barry Bond sadly passed away on Sunday the 30th April after a very brief. I thought I should pass this news on as I can see that some of you knew him personally, if any of you would like to attend his Funeral it is on the 15th May at 3pm at the Mountsorrel Methodist Church in Leicestershire. I know he played a big part in the cycling community and people will certainly have fond memories of his shops.

Regards, Jake Sole

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Hi all, Not posted in a while however, it fills me with great sadness to let you all know that Barry Bond sadly passed away on Sunday the 30th April after a very brief. I thought I should pass this news on as I can see that some of you knew him personally, if any of you would like to attend his Funeral it is on the 15th May at 3pm at the Mountsorrel Methodist Church in Leicestershire. I know he played a big part in the cycling community and people will certainly have fond memories of his shops.

Regards, Jake Sole
Another master sadly leaves us

Dawn G

Regards, Jake Sole

I was browsing late night and stumbled on this. My mum worked in Barry Bonds and my brother and I used to play out back. I remember sitting and watching a lad (think his name was Simon) change spokes and true up the rims whilst listening to Abba. Most of my childhood memories are about the shop oh and scrumping apples ftom the orchard out back.

GarGri

Regular
Barry Bond date?
Have just picked up Barry Bond for restoration as soon as i can ,hopefully, source a set of decals.
Can anyone help with a year of build from the frame number - 111260.

View attachment 48695

Looks suspiciously like a 1981 Dawes Galaxy that I bought today. It had a sticker on it saying "Supplied by Barry Bond , 4 Leicester and Road Wigston"
37090DAE-0D29-41E5-9D69-D164C9C424E6.jpeg

B99BC2E3-13DB-452C-98E7-822305F9089D.jpeg

Attachments

• 6DEBA3FB-A4AA-435F-AD8F-70DCA42EEF62.jpeg
    6DEBA3FB-A4AA-435F-AD8F-70DCA42EEF62.jpeg
    386.5 KB · Views: 2

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Thread resurrection time as this popped up on marketplace earlier today.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/251311391265842/

Had a few of Barry Bond bikes over the years and would happily have this one if I had room for it .

Top Bottom