Basic turbo trainer and thru axle adpaters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimjav

Afternoon,

I have made some searches and I am almost getting there on my issue, but I need more help.

I have a basic turbo trainer (Halfords bikehut) that I have been using on my old road bike. This February I got a new Merida Scultura 400 disc., so I handed over my old road bike as I have only space for 2 bikes, the road bike and the MTB. At this time I discovered that the road bike could not get into the trainer, so as I am not giving a lot of use to the MTB, I put an indoor training tyre on it and I have been using it for the last 2 months.
Since I am getting fitter, I started to noticed that the bike was moving a lot when I was pushing and when I wanted to remove the bike from the trainer I needed to make a lot of effort. Yesterday the rear wheel had a lot of slope and when riding there was a huge vibration, so I stopped and I think that the adjustment in the hub is gone. I will get this sorted once the bikeshops go back to normal.

Therefore now I want to get the road bike into the turbo trainer, even if I have to buy a new indoor tyre.I have been researching and some people say that you can not put a thru axle bike on a on wheel trainer, but I have found that there are some adapters, the ones from the Robert axle project and the kinetic traxle ones. Has someone experience with these? I can not find the Kinetic ones in stock anywhere, but the pricey Robert axle ones are in stock in the UK, almost £60.

Cheers
Javier

Top Bottom