Basil panniers, has anyone tried them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ADarkDraconis

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
I'll start by saying I'm mostly a fair-weather cyclist so I haven't tried it out in a downpour (and I'm unlikely to unless I get caught out by the weather!) but the zip copes fine with light rain.
She is as well, she doesn't like rain but we live in a very wildcard weather area so it can show up at a moment's notice. It helps to be prepared, lol! I will send her the link, it is adorable and right up her alley! Thanks so much!!!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I think Ortlieb are the best really. If you are going to use them and will get your monies worth then I think they are a good investment.
If however they are just going to be used for a few days per year I'd go with a cheaper option.
:laugh: Our Basils are in near-daily service. I couldn't be doing with those flaming roll tops everyday - I switched from an alpkit seatpack to a canvas saddlebag to get away from it. Each to their own!

OP
OP
ADarkDraconis

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
I think Ortlieb are the best really. If you are going to use them and will get your monies worth then I think they are a good investment.
If however they are just going to be used for a few days per year I'd go with a cheaper option.
Ortlieb are nice, but I can't see spending more on the bags than I did on the bike... :laugh: (true I got it new/used, but still.) My brother uses his Topeak daily and though they weren't super expensive they have held up well, he even recommended them to me but I wanted something a bit more stylish. I'm sure Ortlieb makes glorious products, but really nice ones can also be had for less and still used every day. I, like mjr, am also not big on rolltop bags (too much fussiness.)

Top Bottom