Basil Panniers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Do you mean the handbag one, or the double panniers? The double panniers attach by straps according to the info I've just found on Google.

There's a thread here that might help you:
http://cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=14764

PashleyPrincess

I have one of their pannier bags and it just clips to the rack. It's a standard fitting so it should fit most racks. The clips are 'disguised' by a neat little zip pocket so it doesn't look like a pannier once it's off the bike :wacko:

OP
OP
W

Willow

Pash I should have asked you straight away - have you got the double pannier or the shoulder bag(postman bag). The basil website says the double is fixed by straps the postman by clips. What colour did you get I like the purple!

PashleyPrincess

The one I've got is called 'mirte' I think. It's like a shopper with handles at the top and clips to the rack. You simply lift it off and suddenly it's a shopping bag :wacko:. It's black and white. But I would dearly love some of those red fixed panniers! If you get them let me know how you get on.

OP
OP
W

Willow

I will. I think the postbag style would suit me best as I could unclip it and take it into office, but I think two would be useful one for clothes and one for work stuff. I really like the permanent ones but then I'd have to empty them to take everything in and I'm not sure that's practical. when I get back from hols I'll probably order but will have to find someone that stocks the colour I want - will keep you posted.

OP
OP
W

Willow

My postmand bag has arrived, it's quite nice but not sure how much I'll get into it, I knew it was a bit of a risk and probably should have let my head rule my heart but will give it a go. Assuming I do get my a in gear and cycle to work will probably need something a bit bigger but went for this rather than double pannier because it was clip on.

Top Bottom