BBC TV licensing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
It seems there is a massive hate for the BBC which is ever growing. Saville & millions of pounds spent in cover ups are just some of the many reasons as we all know. It seems there's a minority culture who are refusing to pay their TV license & who're getting away with it.

I my self have been on Virgin media for the last 8 years. Since I bought my property the antenna in the loft has never been plugged in. I have been told by a few people that they can't track signals in a van outside from your house if you're on cable services. Apparently if a licensing goon from capita visits your house & you refuse to sign any documents they can't even process a case in court.

I know of people using smart tv's with wi-fi built in who can stream programs from the Internet thus not breaking any laws with no tv license.

The BBC is one of the most corrupt organizations, & I'm sick of their propaganda especially when they'll happily show graphic pictures of dead children in one conflict & cover up what's going on in another.

I'm wondering if any of you guys with a bit of nous can confirm how easy it's supposed to be to 'legally' dodge the fee whilst owning a TV. I also wonder if any of you already do so.

Please discuss

Regards.

rbreid

Old git on old bikes
So nothing to do with the BBC then. What you want is advice on breaking the law. On a public forum? Good luck

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
So nothing to do with the BBC then. What you want is advice on breaking the law. On a public forum? Good luck
If you read it properly it asks how to legally not pay but still have a set in your house. You can still get milk even if cows didn't exist, so we're talking about in effect creating a 'LEGAL' loop hole. It's not asking advice on how to break the law, obviously you have the intelligence of an Owl.

U

User6179

If you read it properly it asks how to legally not pay but still have a set in your house. You can still get milk even if cows didn't exist, so we're talking about in effect creating a 'LEGAL' loop hole. It's not asking advice on how to break the law, obviously you have the intelligence of an Owl.
There are no legal loop holes , the law is simple , if you watch or record live tv you need a licence.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
There are no legal loop holes , the law is simple , if you watch or record live tv you need a licence.
Many people watch catch up tv & don't record. So these people don't have to pay. How do the authorities prove otherwise if they're not even permitted to go inside the house & they can't detect cable viewing?

Venod

Eh up
Milzy beat me to it, you don't need a license if you just watch catch up TV.

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/what-if-a-tv-licence-is-not-needed-TOP12/

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
simple answer is, don't watch or record live TV on any device.

I've not had a TV for 11 years because i was tired of my life revolving around the TV schedule. but over the last four years or so, I've been using the iplayer and other services to watch the programmes that interest me, at a time that suits me. I don't watch live TV and don't have any devices capable of receiving a live TV signal apart from my PC of course... but i don't watch live TV on that, only stuff after it's aired.

As soon as the analogue signal was turned off, I bought an analogue TV card for my PC which enabled me to play PlayStation games on my PC.

I have almost all the benefits of TV without having to buy a licence.

and for the record, I think the TV licence is worth the money if you like watching TV... what is it, 50p a day... that's about the same as bag of crisps.

U

User6179

Many people watch catch up tv & don't record. So these people don't have to pay. How do the authorities prove otherwise if they're not even permitted to go inside the house & they can't detect cable viewing?

Catch up tv is not live tv so is fine to watch , you do not need a licence to own a tv !

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
simple answer is, don't watch or record live TV on any device.

I've not had a TV for 11 years because i was tired of my life revolving around the TV schedule. but over the last four years or so, I've been using the iplayer and other services to watch the programmes that interest me, at a time that suits me. I don't watch live TV and don't have any devices capable of receiving a live TV signal apart from my PC of course... but i don't watch live TV on that, only stuff after it's aired.

As soon as the analogue signal was turned off, I bought an analogue TV card for my PC which enabled me to play PlayStation games on my PC.

I have almost all the benefits of TV without having to buy a licence.

and for the record, I think the TV licence is worth the money if you like watching TV... what is it, 50p a day... that's about the same as bag of crisps.
^^^ +1 for this, but without the Playstation/PC gubbins.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
... How do the authorities prove otherwise if they're not even permitted to go inside the house & they can't detect cable viewing?

if you're viewing live via cable you still need the licence.

It's a bit like asking "how do they prove i was involved in a hit and run when there's no witnesses or cctv footage, and I've had the car crushed?"

Top Bottom