BBC TV licensing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
I'm happy to pay my licence fee.
I think we get some excellent programming, from dramas to documentaries and beyond.
BBC 4 airs some fantastic stuff and is an education. Love it!

Glow worm

Legendary Member
I'd be happy to pay 50p a day for some of the BBC radio stations alone. I think the licence fee is great value for money. Just go abroad to places like the Italy or even the US and see how poor their broadcasting services can be to see what we could end up with.

I do have a problem though with some of the scaremongering tactics used in terms of threatening people with big fines for not paying the licence fee. The 'we know where you live' type strategy is very unsavoury.

Davidc

Guru
I think the TV licence is excellent value for money. At Sky rates it would be about £1500 a year, with adverts on everything!

I get the full Freesat package for about 50p a day.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Just go abroad to places like the Italy or even the US and see how poor their broadcasting services can be to see what we could end up with.

I agree on Italy, their licence fee is 2/3rds of ours and Italian tv is poor. I could watch F1, football and cycling on Italian tv, there are some good dramas (usually historical ones about the south!). Other than the many films that appear from the US there there's very little apart from mad game shows and excitable current affairs programmes. Some of it makes Jeremy Kyle looked sophisticated.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Well it's turned out to be a good old debate which was the main intention before trying to save a few coppers. So I'm pleased with that.

U

User6179

RWright

Guru
I sometimes watch BBC and don't pay the fee. :tongue:

The idea of paying a fee to be bombarded with commercials and then convincing the public that is the way things should be, is one I find quite amusing.

I recently dropped my Directv satellite service and cable TV service. I can watch about anything I want to for free online.

Keith Oates

Janner
I would just like to comment that as I've spent the last umpteen years mostly outside of the UK, for me to go home and watch the BBC is a pleasure that I relish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crankarm

Guru
I think the TV licence is excellent value for money. At Sky rates it would be about £1500 a year, with adverts on everything!

I get the full Freesat package for about 50p a day.

I also think it offers excellent value. If it increased I would happily sell my bikes, cars, remortgage my house, sell my wife and kids, and all my other possessions. What an excellent service the Beeb supplies.

Top Bottom