BBC TV licensing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The Metro is free and I don't require a license to read that.
but it has adverts, the BBC doesnt.

Amongst plenty of dross the BBC makes programmes that others won't or can't make

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf

Amongst plenty of dross the BBC makes programmes that others won't or can't make
The BBC advertises its own programmes, which I've always considered to be a phenomenal waste of airtime, considering that programme listings exist for everyone to consult.

earth

And last time I watched one of those BBC programmes they had a break half way through to advertise some of their other programmes. They may not receive revenue from commercial advertisers but they have started advertising themselves. Either way it is an interruption to the programme that is being watched and no less irritating than watching commercial adverts.

Crankarm

Guru
And last time I watched one of those BBC programmes they had a break half way through to advertise some of their other programmes. They may not receive revenue from commercial advertisers but they have started advertising themselves. Either way it is an interruption to the programme that is being watched and no less irritating than watching commercial adverts.

Yeah the BBC are a right nuisance advertising their own programmes to death. I was sick and tired of hearing adverts for Doctor Who on R2. They should only be allowed minimal advertising of their own programmes as they are funded by us tax payers. Chris Evans is shamelessly monotonous pushing BBC programmes. His show is now crap, I don't listen any more.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Yeah the BBC are a right nuisance advertising their own programmes to death. I was sick and tired of hearing adverts for Doctor Who on R2. They should only be allowed minimal advertising of their own programmes as they are funded by us tax payers. Chris Evans is shamelessly monotonous pushing BBC programmes. His show is now crap, I don't listen any more.
He used to be a God, now it's terrible. Bad times :sad:

Top Bottom