Be careful out there, cyclist stabbed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
What's wrong with people we've more than enough death at the moment :sad:
Hope the guy get's well soon it could have been a lot worse it a very thin line with stabbings

That's what I thought too. You never know, there might be more to the story than meets the eye. The press only ever get the most basic details when stories like this break. Worrying if it is indeed a random and unprovoked attack.
I've been attacked by random ferals in Paisley at night (on Lonend, not the NCN) before, so it's not unprecedented.
Luckily I was able to dodge them and flee. Not much opportunity for that down that wee lane.

Globalti

Legendary Member
A young Lebanese woman was shot in a drive-by attack last week here in Blackburn. Very frightening. Turns out it's part of a feud between two rival car parts businesses and she was mistaken for somebody's wife, daughter or sister.

• Wow
Reactions: C R

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I’m not surprised level of hate towards cyclists seems a tad more, were I’m it’s a close pass and shouted abuse daily pretty much.

What this current situation has taught me is many people are utter trash.
We don't know the facts, but I doubt the person was targeted for any other reason than he was an easy touch for a group of thugs. I wouldn't like to have walked past them either.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
In broad daylight, in my home town, which is normally a quiet seaside place - although the street where this happened does have something of a reputation... Victim threatened with a knife and had his bike (and car!) stolen. Again, there might be a bigger story here.

I've just got a bad feeling about post lockdown; it's been too quiet for too long crime wise. A lot of dodgy people will be looking to make up for lost time - and only the worst of the worst are heading to prison because they are trying to keep the inmate population down due to CV19.. The lid is about to come off the pressure cooker, so to speak.

Top Bottom