Beacon Hill on 3 wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3tyretrackterry

What a blast
rode round through Cropston and past Bradgate park and up the short side of the Hill then had a rest at top before going down a long descent marked at 8 percent its quite a twisty road and keeps going as a fast run all the way past Beaumanor hall and the train staion at Quorn.
will definitly be doing it again

Arch

Married to Night Train
ooh, i've never triked in that bit of the world (wasn't into bikes when I lived in Leicester), but I bet it was fun!;)

seanthesheep

Hi 3tt, i live in Coalville, i pedalled my first road bike to 50 mph down beacon hill several years back, these days i use the pemissive horse and cycle track instead of the road, i have only seen one triker in this area, i saw him on the cycle path that runs alongside the A512 out of Loughborough a couple of times, this wouldnt be you would it?

marc-triker

Veteran
hi 3TT coalville is about half way from here and Leicester. There are now 3 trikers here in Swadlincote. we still gotta meet up m8. I'm booking york rally and bike right. this week all being well. also going on the ride at Rutland Water.

OP
OP

3tyretrackterry

seanthesheep
if the trike was yellow with two flags then yes could well have been me i havent been out that way for a while due to weather and work but that is a good ride.
marc
will be on the rutland ride myself and once weather gets better am looking at running the full cloud trail so that could be another chance to meet

squeaker

Über Member
Rutland Water Trail

marc-triker said:
also going on the ride at Rutland Water.
Marc: I did the ride around Rutland Water last summer on a Trice 'T'. It's quite bumpy in places (but do-able) but IIRC, where the trail runs alongside the A6003 underneath the railway line north of Manton, there are railings on one side, and a bank on the other, and it was too narrow to ride the 'T' along - had to carry it for 25 yards or so. You can do a short road diversion, but it's a bit annoying to have to reverse to it.....
HTH

Top Bottom