bearing grease/lub

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Dunno, but after years of trying all kinds of grease I've found vaseline to be as good as any and use it on all my bearings on all my bikes.

Cheap and cheerful Lithium grease for me as it is slightly lighter and I regularly service the bearings - but to be honest I can't say I notice any difference what grease I use.

The best results I ever had were using just oil but this required regular maintenance - Jimbo is the man to put you right in this area.

tyred

Legendary Member
After reading FF promoting Vaseline in the past, when I refurbished my Pug earlier in the summer, I used Vaseline as an experiment. About 450 miles later and so far so good. The only thing I would say is that it would be cheaper to go to a motor factors and buy grease than to go to the chemist to buy a large jar of vaseline.

tyred said:
After reading FF promoting Vaseline in the past, when I refurbished my Pug earlier in the summer, I used Vaseline as an experiment. About 450 miles later and so far so good. The only thing I would say is that it would be cheaper to go to a motor factors and buy grease than to go to the chemist to buy a large jar of vaseline.

Petroleum Jelly is more or less the same thing and a lot cheaper.

Dave5N

Über Member
LM Grease for moving parts.

Copaslip for parts that you wouldn't ordinarily want to move, but you might want to movable.

Threadlock is for tossers. ;)

(Christ, I am becoming Bonj.)

Top Bottom