'Beat the Clocks' - Hebden Bridge, Sun Oct 18th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Î could be up for that, Colin my good man. Maybe our Liam will be free too. Let you know when I get home on Tuesday or so.

Bokonon

Über Member
I don't think I've got anything else planned for the 18th so I'll probably be along.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
PaulB said:
Î could be up for that, Colin my good man. Maybe our Liam will be free too. Let you know when I get home on Tuesday or so.
I'll put you both down as 'maybes' then.

Bokonon said:
I don't think I've got anything else planned for the 18th so I'll probably be along.
Okay - I'll PM colly and Calum to see if they are interested too. I don't see much sign of them on here these days.

Calum

Here I am!! Apologies for my lack of contact, been in Bristol for months, and the start of uni has been largely about activities that do not include cycling i'm afraid! However, i've just sorted the bike out and will be up for any rides in the near future! Just let me know.

Cheers,

Calum

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Calum said:
i've just sorted the bike out and will be up for any rides in the near future! Just let me know.

Cheers,

Calum
Great!

Okay - Calum, there is another of my hilly rides on Sunday 18th October and you are welcome to join us, details above! :smile:

PS You could keep Bokonon company on the train over to Hebden Bridge

Bokonon

Über Member
ColinJ said:
Great!

Okay - Calum, there is another of my hilly rides on Sunday 18th October and you are welcome to join us, details above! :smile:

PS You could keep Bokonon company on the train over to Hebden Bridge

The train leaves Leeds at 8:45.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

trio25 said:
Shorter ride in November is fine Colin. They don't all have to be epics!
It's people like you, RedBike, longers et al riding here and back on top of my routes that turn them into epics! :biggrin:

I've got an idea for a shorter local route involving some 'rough stuff' off-road sections for a bit of variety. I've ridden them on my Basso so I know they are okay on a road bike as long as you watch what you are doing. Probably not what you'd want to do on ultra-lightweight race wheels with expensive tubular tyres though!

Sysagent said:
Rovers vs The Dingles on 13:00 Sunday Colin, not going to be anywhere near a bike during this momentous occasion!

Will be up for something any other time...
Okay, watch out for the one in November then!

goodspeed

Put me down as a maybe Colin, I might be working yet and if I'm not I may not get a full day pass! Been working silly hours lately so i'll have to spend a bit of time with my missus.
I could possibly do a shorter route cutting off at Laneshaw bridge; either way i'll meet you all at the old uni' weather thingy on Cock Hill.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

goodspeed said:
Put me down as a maybe Colin, I might be working yet and if I'm not I may not get a full day pass! Been working silly hours lately so i'll have to spend a bit of time with my missus.
I could possibly do a shorter route cutting off at Laneshaw bridge; either way i'll meet you all at the old uni' weather thingy on Cock Hill.
Okay Martin - hopefully you'll be free for at least part of the day.

All being well, we'd get to the top of the hill about 10:30 but if you get there first you can always come down this side of the hill to meet us on the way up! :bravo:

If we don't bump into you somewhere on the hill, I'll assume that you can't make it.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

aJohnson said:
Pretty sure I'll be there Colin, I'll be adding another 20miles onto it by heading home over cragg vale.
He's keen, this lad! ;)

It might be wise to bring some lights. We ought to be back in time for you to do that extra 20 miles in daylight, but it might only take a few punctures between us for you to be riding the last bit home in the dark. Mind you, if time was running out, you could always miss out the last climb and head straight for Mytholmroyd.

Top Bottom