'Beat the Clocks' - Hebden Bridge, Sun Oct 18th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Svendo

Guru
Thanks for organising another fun ride, with a healthy dash of vertical sadism. It's a shame the weather wasn't as cooperative as the forecasts had suggested. After a month off the bike I'm a bit sore and achey in the joints. Hope to make the next ride too.

aJohnson

@Colin, I thought my descents were good... ok maybe not. But do you blame me? Some of those descents were extremely steep.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
aJohnson said:
@Colin, I thought my descents were good... ok maybe not. But do you blame me? Some of those descents were extremely steep.
They certainly were!

I descend pretty quickly for a bit of fun to make up for all the painful grovelling I have to do on the climbs. Also - if I try to go too slowly downhill I wear my brake blocks out in no time. It takes quite a lot to slow down someone of my size.

I am more cautious on descents that I haven't done before though.

aJohnson

Yeah I'm a bit faster on the descents I know but not extremely faster. Good news though, I should be getting a jacket at the end of the week... it's a start

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
aJohnson said:
Good news though, I should be getting a jacket at the end of the week... it's a start
I was really cold at times yesterday so you must have felt frozen!

Bloody typical - it was lovely round here today - dry and mild, blue skies for hours...

Top Bottom