Beaten by the snow!.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will Spin

Über Member
Pah. When I were three years old I used to cycle 60 miles each way to my job sweeping chimneys and delivering Hovis up steep hills, and a 20 foot snowdrift never stopped me, despite both legs having been blown off by a Bosche artillery shell in WWI.

On a serious note, that's a pretty good record Keith. It ain't worth risking your neck if things are really grim out there.

You forgot the bit about having to build your bike first with only a box of iron filings to start from.

galaxy

Veteran
Well done to everyone who commutes. I can’t commute. When I used to be able I loved it. I’m envious of you all.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Well done to everyone who commutes. I can’t commute. When I used to be able I loved it. I’m envious of you all.
It was not fun when work called the expected 2 + hours catch back overtime last night , didnt get in till nearly 8 am from leaving the house at 6.45 the night before.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Well, cycle commuting on top of irregular shifts, in all weather because there is no alternative, can make you a bit tired of cycling.
Still, much cheaper than running a car, better for your health and quicker all round.

D

Deleted member 1258

I no longer commute, I retired in 2015, but I was commuting by bike for about 30 years and through most of it I rarely missed, it was only in the last three years, after I brought my first car, that I stopped cycling in when it was raining.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I no longer commute, I retired in 2015, but I was commuting by bike for about 30 years and through most of it I rarely missed, it was only in the last three years, after I brought my first car, that I stopped cycling in when it was raining.
A neighbour of mine, retired, was telling me that he used to commute by bike every day when he was working: after stopping work he bought a car and never cycled again, gave his bike away to charity, the spare wheel set to go with it, all the commuting accessories.
His story made me feel a wee bit sad ... poor bike!

D

Deleted member 1258

A neighbour of mine, retired, was telling me that he used to commute by bike every day when he was working: after stopping work he bought a car and never cycled again, gave his bike away to charity, the spare wheel set to go with it, all the commuting accessories.
His story made me feel a wee bit sad ... poor bike!

Thats sad, I try and get two or three rides in a week, and try and make them over fifty miles, though I don't always succeed, sometimes its just a case of fitting a ride in where I can.

D

Deleted member 1258

I've been beaten by the rain today, I was too busy with important family stuff yesterday to ride and was looking forward to a ride to day but it persisting down and forecast to be in all day.:sad:

Lonestar

Veteran
Could have cycle commuted on that Saturday 3rd March as the snow was just slushy and it had warmed up a bit.The backstreets looked a bit more dodgy.So had fun catching bus instead.Don't think I'd been on a bus for about five years and it was one of those Routemaster things.Never been on a bendy bus and the chance has gone.

Ice2911

Über Member
Here is my excuse for turning back the other day. This was after the supposed thaw on the Sunday :smile:
Impressive record on the commuting though!!

Attachments

• 0E0780C6-30BE-4FEA-9254-6D1CB2EEB66E.jpeg
    0E0780C6-30BE-4FEA-9254-6D1CB2EEB66E.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 41
Top Bottom