Beaten by the snow!.

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by keithmac, 1 Mar 2018.

Tags:
  1. Will Spin

Will Spin Senior Member

You forgot the bit about having to build your bike first with only a box of iron filings to start from.

2. galaxy

galaxy Über Member

Well done to everyone who commutes. I can’t commute. When I used to be able I loved it. I’m envious of you all.

3. cyberknight

cyberknight Bullied off cc

It was not fun when work called the expected 2 + hours catch back overtime last night , didnt get in till nearly 8 am from leaving the house at 6.45 the night before.

4. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman Moderator

Well, cycle commuting on top of irregular shifts, in all weather because there is no alternative, can make you a bit tired of cycling.
    Still, much cheaper than running a car, better for your health and quicker all round.

BrumJim and dave r like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    keithmac

keithmac Über Member

That's the only problem for me, I associate cycling with work now so takes a bit of effort to do any on a Sunday..

Pat "5mph" and dave r like this.
  6. dave r

dave r The Little Diesel

I no longer commute, I retired in 2015, but I was commuting by bike for about 30 years and through most of it I rarely missed, it was only in the last three years, after I brought my first car, that I stopped cycling in when it was raining.

galaxy, Pat "5mph" and keithmac like this.
  7. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman Moderator

A neighbour of mine, retired, was telling me that he used to commute by bike every day when he was working: after stopping work he bought a car and never cycled again, gave his bike away to charity, the spare wheel set to go with it, all the commuting accessories.
    His story made me feel a wee bit sad ... poor bike!

dave r likes this.
  8. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Guru

A bit sad and watch them decline now the regular exercise is missing.

dave r likes this.
  9. dave r

dave r The Little Diesel

Thats sad, I try and get two or three rides in a week, and try and make them over fifty miles, though I don't always succeed, sometimes its just a case of fitting a ride in where I can.

Pat "5mph" likes this.
  10. galaxy

galaxy Über Member

Cycling has been a massive npart of my life for over 30 years. I don’t have the time to fit in as much as I’d like.

dave r likes this.
  11. dave r

dave r The Little Diesel

I've been beaten by the rain today, I was too busy with important family stuff yesterday to ride and was looking forward to a ride to day but it persisting down and forecast to be in all day.:sad:

12. cyberknight

cyberknight Bullied off cc

Off work and its absolutely pissing it down

BrumJim, Pat "5mph" and dave r like this.
  13. Lonestar

Lonestar Veteran

Could have cycle commuted on that Saturday 3rd March as the snow was just slushy and it had warmed up a bit.The backstreets looked a bit more dodgy.So had fun catching bus instead.Don't think I'd been on a bus for about five years and it was one of those Routemaster things.Never been on a bendy bus and the chance has gone.

14. Ice2911

Ice2911 Über Member

Here is my excuse for turning back the other day. This was after the supposed thaw on the Sunday :smile:
    Impressive record on the commuting though!!

Attached Files:

Pat "5mph", galaxy and dave r like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice