beating jet lag.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Mr Oates... can you verify my Pot-Noodle story on trips to China? Done it twice, and about what feels like morning time, when they put the shutters down on the left side of the plane windows coz the sun is too hot, and you're over Siberia or somewhere, they offer you (on KLM) either an ice cream or a pot noodle.... nice! beats cornflakes! :smile:

Keith Oates

Janner
I would never fly KLM so can't confirm that one;)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Keith Oates said:
I would never fly KLM so can't confirm that one;)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I fly on whatever airline the person paying for the ticket books me on! V. infrewuent flyer, so I'm not with it enough to know the ins and outs... seemed alright to me, like! (and I love pot noodles, and ice-cream)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Fnaar said:
I fly on whatever airline the person paying for the ticket books me on! V. infrewuent flyer, so I'm not with it enough to know the ins and outs... seemed alright to me, like! (and I love pot noodles, and ice-cream)

I flew with Singapore Airlines and they woke me up at 2am to give me a plate of chicken noodles. I could have done without it but she was rather cute in a doll-like way.

Evilcat

It's all very well not eating and boozing, but options for amusing oneself tend to be limited on a long flight: there's only so many films I can watch and books I can read before my brain becomes numb. Meals and drinks are a welcome break. Mind you, that may just be as a result of the inadequacies of my own grey matter.

Incidentally, the best sleep I ever had on a plane was back from Washington DC. Had 8 beers in the lounge, poured myself onto the plane, put the seat flat, chugged an inch of Glenmorangie and woke up on final approach to Heathrow 6 hours later. No jet lag but an industrial strength hangover. :biggrin:

EC

OP
OP
got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit

Hmmmmm, thanks fazthewookie, an interesting article.

The only thing is the flight is so long that having a meal or two often breaks the monotony. It adds a bit of interest so to speak.
I enjoy a meal on a journey and a few drinks ....its all part of the holiday and it would be pergatory to sit and watch everyone else eating and drinking whilst you tuck into a tastybottle of water.

Top Bottom