Bedfordshire/Cambridgeshire Social Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
Im all over this! Can I join? Pretty please. Hopefully gettin new drive train on my commuter on the saturday so will be a good chance to test it out. I'm in Potton. Can someone confirm the plan is meet at Sandy train station 10am next weekend. The 2nd December?

Where have you been hidding neighbour?? :laugh:

See you next week! ;)

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
We may yet meet again this year as we are attending the Cambridge CC club dinner on the Saturday. I am also basing this on "if the mountain won't come to Muhammad, then Muhammad must go to the mountain" kind of thing. That and it has been some time since I ate one of [ok maybe more than one] Waresley Garden Center cakes.
Providing of course the invite is open to all kinds of riff raff?

I admit that is worrying me.. :blink: I think I will fill my saddle bag with walnut whips just in case!! :laugh:

akb

Veteran
Usually found on the route 51 on the way to work and back, or Chicksands or Deepdale on the mountain bike or with the dogs :smile: You in Potton? Is this quite a regular thing?

Chris-H

Über Member
Well some more locals^_^ Would be great to meet you all and fingers crossed this will be the start of a regular thing,we have some great countryside in our region to explore and what a better way to do it.
Myself and the mrs are still out this Sunday if anyone fancies a ride out?We can meet at a suitable location and see where we end up from there?

Reactions: akb

MisterStan

Label Required
Well some more locals^_^ Would be great to meet you all and fingers crossed this will be the start of a regular thing,we have some great countryside in our region to explore and what a better way to do it.
Myself and the mrs are still out this Sunday if anyone fancies a ride out?We can meet at a suitable location and see where we end up from there?
Where is 'local' to you?

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
Usually found on the route 51 on the way to work and back, or Chicksands or Deepdale on the mountain bike or with the dogs :smile: You in Potton? Is this quite a regular thing?

I'm a good customer of route 51 as well, especially when I want to ride to Bedford. Funny thing, every time I pass the Danish Camp and feel the urge to stop for a coffee and cake.. :whistle:
Working in Bedford then?

:cry:I'm jealous!!

akb

Veteran
Yep working in Bedford. It's a nice ride. Bit hairy in the dark by the river but nice and peaceful. Has anyone cycled to MK on route 51? A group of 10 of us tried last September, got to Woburn Sands and then got lost. Was a nice ride through some interesting towns an villages. Next challenge? :smile:

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
Yep working in Bedford. It's a nice ride. Bit hairy in the dark by the river but nice and peaceful. Has anyone cycled to MK on route 51? A group of 10 of us tried last September, got to Woburn Sands and then got lost. Was a nice ride through some interesting towns an villages. Next challenge? :smile:

Sounds good to me!! How come you got lost? Was it too complicated? The truth is that our choices are endless really! I mean, the University Way might worth exploring as well, possibly the St Neots to Felixstowe (51 resume), as well as the route 12 from Letchworth to St Neots.. and the list goes on!

@Chirs-H @akb @MisterStan @TheDoctor @MrJamie @4F @totallyfixed @outlash
I think we should all start mapping routes and start posting proposals. That way we can create an index available at any point and we choose our rides from there?

Reactions: akb

Chris-H

Über Member
@Chirs-H @akb @MisterStan @TheDoctor @MrJamie @4F @totallyfixed @outlash
I think we should all start mapping routes and start posting proposals. That way we can create an index available at any point and we choose our rides from there?
No chance of me mapping out a route i'm afraid.....thick as hell me and hav'nt a clue how to do things like that:blush:

Top Bottom