Bedfordshire/Cambridgeshire Social Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
The road to Eltisley I know really well, the B1040, not the most pleasant road to ride on as it is a very fast road and for us it is an uphill drag on the second half up to the turning but hey it's your ride it's just that I know all the roads around here and I always used to cycle on the quieter ones, much nicer for chatting :smile:

OK.. What is the proposal and the mileage?

totallyfixed

Veteran
OK.. What is the proposal and the mileage?
I type at the speed of paint drying on a wet day, sometimes I even employ a second finger but then my brain starts to hurt so I will just refer back to post 88. I feel very guilty now about querying your route, I guess I wrongly assumed that everyone would be up for a bit longer ride. We can still go to Great Gransden and the back lane into Waresley. Going to Guilden Morden doesn't add that much on so a decision could be made at that point as to which way to finish the ride off.
On the plus side if you have never seen anyone on fixed gear going down Croydon Hill before, trust me it will bring a smile to your face :smile:.
PS, it's a very flat route.

MisterStan

Label Required
1)Chris
2)Jacqui
3)Fluff
4) El Doctorino
5)MisterStan (as long as my knee is OK - see tales from today's commute)

totallyfixed

Veteran
1)Chris
2)Jacqui
3)Fluff
4) El Doctorino
6) dr_pink
7) totallyfixed - also providing my knee is ok [long story]

May I ask what the average speed you anticipate the ride to be? Only asking because of the cold temps.

totallyfixed

Veteran
Hmm always tricky this one as forum rides nearly always bring out a range of abilities so what is "high" for one will be just average for another. It is going to be a cold day albeit a beautifully sunny one, dr_pink suffers from Raynauds and goes through a bad period until she warms up which is achieved by exercising a bit harder. Want to do the ride as we have many happy memories of the area, we will both be on fixed so that will help [no rest for the wicked].

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
The speed I can keep up with -warm or cold- is around 13 m/h, but feel free to ride at any speed it suits you best, as I can keep perfectly warm at home as well! Also, the least I expect is to be bothered to type the names of the villages of your prefered or suggested route if you expect us to be bothered to ride it!

akb

Veteran
Looking forward to it, I'll be at Sandy station for 10am on Sunday morning. I'll leave you lot on the return leg in Potton as it seems silly to go back to Sandy :-)

Will cafes/cake shops be open on a Sunday?

MisterStan

Label Required
(Climbs on the fence) I'm perfectly happy to ride at any speed and follow any route. This will be my first group ride, so i expect you all to be very nice to me and break me in gently (Climbs back off fence with added splinters in bottom)

akb

Veteran
1)Chris
2)Jacqui
3)Fluff
4) El Doctorino
6) dr_pink
7) totallyfixed - also providing my knee is ok [long story]

8) akb (Anil)

Im also happy to do the 35ish mile route at my commute pace which is no more than 15mph average according to my cateye puter.

Top Bottom