Bedfordshire/Cambridgeshire Social Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris-H

Über Member
13-15 is fine with me as well, I'm just not sure if I can keep up with 15mph uphill and for 35m though.. That's what I said 13 to be sure!
As I said though, if that's too slow for you guys I can always stay at home! I really don't mind.. We can always arrange something for next weekend when speed might be less of an issue. Having a medical condition is well respected.
13 is absolutely fine for us too,i purely suggested 13-15 to be polite ^_^

Chris-H

Über Member
Jac was getting worried she might get left behind as she's about 13 atm,was concerned she'd hold everyone up:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
Jac was getting worried she might get left behind as she's about 13 atm,was concerned she'd hold everyone up:thumbsup:

lol that's practically impossible with me riding as well, Chris!! :laugh: Tell her, if it comes to worse we'll take the shortcut and meet you all at the coffee shop.. :thumbsup:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Lordy, what's this 'average speed' of which you speak?
First and only rule of CC rides is 'no-one gets dropped', surely?
Well, that and 'Cake is Compulsory'!!
See you all at Sandy Station. I'll be on the 1006.

We are not staying over in Cambridge tonight, travelling back to Rutland so will make a decision either late tonight or first thing in the morning whether to come and ride or not. I expect a large part of this will be down to how much alcohol is consumed by dr_pink and how low the temp is in the morning :cold:.

Christopher

Über Member
That is one disadvantage of riding fixed - you can't spin in a lower gear to keep warm. Well you can but changing the gear is a faff.
Have a nice ride everyone! Hope to see pics.

akb

Veteran
Right, I tried doing a bit if DIY gear adjustment today and have failed miserably. The bike is currently in bits on my garage floor and ive started to get frustrated so have left it. For that reason I am going to have to pull out of the ride tomorrow. Have a good ride and ill be at the next one after paying a visit to the lbs to sort out my mess.

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
We are not staying over in Cambridge tonight, travelling back to Rutland so will make a decision either late tonight or first thing in the morning whether to come and ride or not. I expect a large part of this will be down to how much alcohol is consumed by dr_pink and how low the temp is in the morning :cold:.

That's absolutely fine! As long as we know if we are to wait for you or not!! Have fun tonight! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
The cake sounds great, but I think it might have gone off a bit by the time I end up back in Rutland or nearby (hopefully June or July 2013)! :thumbsup:

I think it will be fine if I freeze it! Might shrink a bit, but it should be ok.. :bravo:
Or, I can eat your slice as well and buy you a fresh one next spring..... :whistle: Tough decision!

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
Right, I tried doing a bit if DIY gear adjustment today and have failed miserably. The bike is currently in bits on my garage floor and ive started to get frustrated so have left it. For that reason I am going to have to pull out of the ride tomorrow. Have a good ride and ill be at the next one after paying a visit to the lbs to sort out my mess.

Oh, what have you done! :ohmy: Are you sure it's something you can't fix once you get some YouTube advice and clear your mind?

Top Bottom