Bedfordshire/Cambridgeshire Social Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Right, I tried doing a bit if DIY gear adjustment today and have failed miserably. The bike is currently in bits on my garage floor and ive started to get frustrated so have left it. For that reason I am going to have to pull out of the ride tomorrow. Have a good ride and ill be at the next one after paying a visit to the lbs to sort out my mess.
:eek: That sounds a wee bit drastic for tweaking the indexing!!
Have another look later on, possibly after a cup of tea?

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
I'll have a fresh one! :thumbsup:

(It will be summer rather than spring though, unless I suddenly come into some money and get fit again!)

Oh, well.. If you insist!

(you don't have to be fit for our rides.. As soon as you're good to go jump on a train and we'll arrange a special ride for you! ;) )

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Right, I tried doing a bit if DIY gear adjustment today and have failed miserably. The bike is currently in bits on my garage floor and ive started to get frustrated so have left it. For that reason I am going to have to pull out of the ride tomorrow. Have a good ride and ill be at the next one after paying a visit to the lbs to sort out my mess.

What's wrong with the other one(s)? :smile:

Have a great ride, the rest of you. I'd have liked to come along and surprise my nephew, who lives in Wrestlingworth), but I'm too lazy.

akb

Veteran
How did it go guys? Beautiful day for it.
I've just got back from a lovely ride around Potton quarry and Deepdale with the dogs on the MTB.

I have come to the conclusion that I need new drive train components. Chain has started to corrode, even after a thorough clean and the cassette looks very worn.

outlash

also available in orange
I've been back about an hour or so, I headed off early as I was near home. Great ride, lovely scenery and weather, and the cafe at Waresley didn't disappoint as always :smile:. Get some those parts in, the more the merrier!

Tony.

Reactions: akb
OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
Hiya! :smile:
Starting getting warm slowly.. lol As predicted my bum froze but I enjoyed both the ride and company!
It was lovely to meet you all and I hope we meet again soon..
In the meantime I will do my best to improve my speed so hopefully next time it will be faster as well! :thumbsup:
This chocolate cake.. no words to describe it!! :hungry: I wish it was a bit smaller though, as I feel I missed out of that lemon cupcake!!!

And some pictures as promised:
IMAG0092.jpg

(left to right) MisterStan, Jacqui, Chris-H
IMAG0094.jpg

TheDoctor

IMAG0098.jpg

(left to right) Outlash, MisterStan

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
The lemon cupcake was dreadful, you'd have hated it.:thumbsup:
I had to have a second bite just to ensure it was as terrible as I'd thought.:hungry:
Likewise the carrot cake was so awful it barely touched the sides...:mrpig:

Top Bottom