Bedfordshire/Cambridgeshire Social Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
The lemon cupcake was dreadful, you'd have hated it.:thumbsup:
I had to have a second bite just to ensure it was as terrible as I'd thought.:hungry:
Likewise the carrot cake was so awful it barely touched the sides...:mrpig:

I think I will try to hate one on Wednesday.. :whistle:

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
Because it took being a couple of minutes away from death this summer to get 1.5 stone off and I don't want to put the weight back on again! :laugh:

You mean it was bad eating habits that caused the clots? My dad suffered the same but it was completely irrelevant to his eating patterns..

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You mean it was bad eating habits that caused the clots? My dad suffered the same but it was completely irrelevant to his eating patterns..
Sorry to hear about your dad.

In my case, I think it was due to a combination of factors including being overweight. I think my diet was/is pretty good but I was drinking too much beer, about 3 stone overweight and going for too long between walks and bike rides. I'd spend a week doing nothing other than sitting in front of computer ot tv screens, and then try and make up for it with 6-9 hours of hard exercise!

I'm quite happy to have treats like the ones in the photos, but I feel that I should 'earn' them by doing a good walk or ride to get to the cafe selling them. Strolling to the corner shop is too easy! :thumbsup:

Chris-H

Über Member
Well we've just finished cleaning our bikes and must say today was absolutely great.Thoroughly enjoyable with great company,great scenery,stupendous cakes and i actually enjoyed the weather,a couple of hairy moments on the ice and a chunk of glass deciding it wanted to live in my front tyre was all that i could think of that was'nt ideal.I know Jacqui really enjoyed herself too,despite a couple of embarrasing moments.We both cant wait for the next ride.Was great to meet you all and look forward to seeing you all soon:thumbsup:
Anyone ready to arrange the next date and location? :whistle:

Good to hear you all had a great ride. Too cold for dr_pink to ride a leisurely pace so we went out at 12.30 and made it a quick short ride without a coffee stop, hours later and her hands are just getting back to normal.
What distance did you end up doing?

Top Bottom