Bedfordshire/Cambridgeshire Social Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

akb

Veteran
It has bothered me for a while now...What is the only county without a McDonalds...? :-)

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
It has bothered me for a while now...What is the only county without a McDonalds...? :-)

Rutland.

Reactions: akb

totallyfixed

Veteran
The speed I can keep up with -warm or cold- is around 13 m/h, but feel free to ride at any speed it suits you best, as I can keep perfectly warm at home as well! Also, the least I expect is to be bothered to type the names of the villages of your prefered or suggested route if you expect us to be bothered to ride it!

What did I say :surrender:
confused-28.gif
. Your route and your pace. I hadn't realised that you were unfamiliar with the roads in this direction. The only reason I asked about the speed [we have done a lot of forum rides] was that if it were to be really slow then it would be too cold for us and therefore not enjoyable.

Chris-H

Über Member
Well as far as speed is concerned may i suggest 13-15 mph maybe? My average is 18 but Jacqui's is in the 13-15 range and looking at above posts this seems to be in the average range,how does that sound?

Chris-H

Über Member
Looking forward to it, I'll be at Sandy station for 10am on Sunday morning. I'll leave you lot on the return leg in Potton as it seems silly to go back to Sandy :-)

Will cafes/cake shops be open on a Sunday?
Waresley garden centre is highly recomended for its cakes which is where we're aiming for :thumbsup:

Chris-H

Über Member
respect-064.gif
too quick for us, that is impressive.
ahh but thats only on a 20-25 mile ride though :blush:
Oh yes, forgot about Waresley. Good plan! Are you lot all going to be on Road bikes?
I think so yep:thumbsup:

Reactions: akb

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well as far as speed is concerned may i suggest 13-15 mph maybe? My average is 18 but Jacqui's is in the 13-15 range and looking at above posts this seems to be in the average range,how does that sound?
I'm not doing the ride, so tell me to mind own business if you like, but given that M-F posted ...
The speed I can keep up with -warm or cold- is around 13 m/h
... I would suggest that 'around 13 mph' is the speed to aim for! :thumbsup:

That's actually a nice speed for a social ride, though I can also see the cold issue mentioned by totallyfixed. Dr_pink got horribly cold on a wet Cheshire ride earlier this year and ended up in tears with the pain.

As an outsider, can I suggest a compromise? Try and stick together at about 13 mph. but if anybody starts to get hypothermic and needs to rush on ahead to the cafe, that's okay as long as nobody gets abandoned altogether. :whistle:

Anyway - I hope you all have a good ride and that cold conditions don't ruin things. :hello:

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff

13-15 is fine with me as well, I'm just not sure if I can keep up with 15mph uphill and for 35m though.. That's what I said 13 to be sure!
As I said though, if that's too slow for you guys I can always stay at home! I really don't mind.. We can always arrange something for next weekend when speed might be less of an issue. Having a medical condition is well respected.

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
What did I say :surrender:
confused-28.gif
. Your route and your pace. I hadn't realised that you were unfamiliar with the roads in this direction. The only reason I asked about the speed [we have done a lot of forum rides] was that if it were to be really slow then it would be too cold for us and therefore not enjoyable.

I wasn't telling you off. I just said that unfortunately I'm slow and my speed is not positively affected by the temperature (warm or cold).

Top Bottom