Bee from Hell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cycleGeoff

Hello everyone. My name is Geoff, and I have a phobia of bees and wasps. I also have long curly hair. I will tell why this information is relevant to this bike story.

The reason why I say that is because, riding along the cuckoo trail in east sussex, a bee began following me. No joke, for some reason this bee WOULD NOT leave me alone. I even got off my bike and tried to wave it away, but it just came back.

About 5 mins into this annoying bee buzzing around, it dive bombed and fell into my hair ( which was rather big at the time) and then became tangled and angry, buzzing around violently to free itself - or sting my head.

I quite appropriately screamed and crashed my bike into a wall, that caused a few bruises, then rolled around a bit trying to get the bee off. I found a pair of sticks and did a combing motion to remove the bee. Bee gone (dead in fact, I stomped on it) I turned around to find that the wall had bent my front bike tire not quite into a U shape. I had to walk ten miles back the way I came, and paid for a new tire the next day. I think I also had concussion, and that I frightened a nearby child walking her dog when I suddenly screamed like a maniac and flung myself into a wall, rolling around on the ground moaning.

I hate bees.

henshaw11

>(dead in fact, I stomped on it)

>I quite appropriately screamed and crashed my bike into a wall, that caused a few bruises

Ah, that's reverse-temporal-karma for you :tongue:

Klaus

Just recently on short ride a bee (or wasp?) got stuck in my hair, which is fairly short and straight. It was clearly getting distressed or angry judging by the noise it made. I thought to myself " what do I do now?". My father was a bee-keeper (many years ago) so generally the strategy is to ignore the critter as far as possible. So I rode on still trying to work out what to do..... then suddenly the bee dislodged itself and was gone in a flash.. hey presto! I didn't even stop to check whether there was any damage (to me) though I would have known soon enough if it had stung me. Main thing is not to aggravate the beast by aggressive behaviour.

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Hello everyone. My name is Geoff, and I have a phobia of bees and wasps. I also have long curly hair. I will tell why this information is relevant to this bike story.

I hate bees.

Wow, could have written this myself...apart from the Geoff bit!
Hello Geoff! If you ever round that way again & see a curly red (not ginger, red) head, wavin her arms rounds round her head & squawking likea loon, say "Hello" chnaces are it's me
:thumbsup:

markharry66

Über Member
Oh Bee have

Manonabike

Über Member
Last year I had an encounter with bees..... I was riding in the New Forest when suddenly I found myself surrounded by thousands of bees, I was climbing at the time so I couldn't have been going very fast but I was worried that if I got stung I could fall into the path of cars overtaking me. They didn't stay very long, maybe under 15 seconds but it felt like an hour :biggrin: - I could feel them in my arms face, etc. I didn't do anything, remained as steady as I could, only my legs were moving.

A very scary experience which I hope I never have to go through again.

I also hate bees, always has done.

OP
OP
C

cycleGeoff

Oh Bee have

haha, lol!
laugh.gif

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Funnily enough I was also chased some distance by a huge bee this morning, a couple of minutes of my best "electrocuted chicken" arm movements eventually persuaded it that I wasn't a worthy target.

Must bee something in the air...

Top Bottom