Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
Excellent ride in today, really cold but I had the right gear and the buff is very good indeed, got everything right and the cars were fine

really going well coming into Camden and every so slightly got influenced by the courier vid posted yesterday, some stylish fast sweeps from left inside to right outside to filter up the outside of traffic, all about good observation and positioning, it a real buzz when it all clicks

and I'm 15st and 4oz as of yesterday, down from 17st 4lbs when i started again in June, come on 14st something, I haven't been sub 15st since my early 20s

even the wife has noticed my fine physique

:blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ooops it was late ? ....spellings...erm...

Good stuff this commuting - my wife's commented too - I'm down from 90kgs (14st and a bit) to 77kg's (12st and a little bit) - only thing is most of my clothes are too big and the belt notch has gone in 4-5 holes..... but I'm flying up hills !! Can't keep the weight on at the minute !

stephenb

Guru
Always wondered whether the types that blast their horns, gesticulate, swear etc at us because we're "too slow" or "in their way" do anything similar when they're on foot. Do they yell at slower moving peds to move over, get out of the way, fkuc off & die etc? What happens to some people when they get behind the wheel?

ChrisW

Tynan said:
Excellent ride in today, really cold but I had the right gear and the buff is very good indeed, got everything right and the cars were fine

really going well coming into Camden and every so slightly got influenced by the courier vid posted yesterday, some stylish fast sweeps from left inside to right outside to filter up the outside of traffic, all about good observation and positioning, it a real buzz when it all clicks

and I'm 15st and 4oz as of yesterday, down from 17st 4lbs when i started again in June, come on 14st something, I haven't been sub 15st since my early 20s

:smile:

Re: The Courier Post..glad to be of service :blush:

ChrisW

And nearly home time, probabaly cold but dull!

If i have any near scrapes i will let you all know. I might even make up an "incident" just so i can join in...:blush:

Tynan

Veteran
It's proper icy cold here

You can have my incidents if you want, a nice steady ride home will do me fine

OP
OP
Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen

Tynan said:

:blush:

Excellent news Tynan

fossyant said:
Ooops it was late ? ....spellings...erm...

Good stuff this commuting - my wife's commented too - I'm down from 90kgs (14st and a bit) to 77kg's (12st and a little bit) - only thing is most of my clothes are too big and the belt notch has gone in 4-5 holes..... but I'm flying up hills !! Can't keep the weight on at the minute !

Same for you Fossyant, keep up the good work.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Primary same stretch tonight - out of the saddle giving it some, bang in the middle of the road.... not a peep....... :blush:

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
Excellent news Tynan
Same for you Fossyant, keep up the good work.

Might have to start 'pushing it' a bit more. 1000 miles of 30 mile commutes and don't seem to have lost a pound:sad:

bonj2

Tynan said:
:sad:
aswell as keeping the ears warm, another really GREAT thing i've noticed about my dhb buff is that it holds the headphones in nicely.

gambatte said:
Might have to start 'pushing it' a bit more. 1000 miles of 30 mile commutes and don't seem to have lost a pound:sad:

need some hills then ;) see other thread.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
+1 for the buff -bought one this week, and what a great piece of kit.

Uneventful commute tonight, with a really considerate bus driver (waved me through a couple of places on Wilmslow Rd instead of roaring ahead of me, and gave me plenty of space - excellent driving and road awareness).

bonj2

my only 'incident' today was a cyclist possibly being over-polite in response to me being (in his eyes) over cautious - when driving in (needed the sleep) i came up behind a cyclist on a narrow bendy road, that gets less bendy - didn't feel safe overtaking 'cos there's not room to do so while remaining fully on the right side of the road so hung well back, was quite content bumbling along in third till it was safe to overtake, but towards the end of the bends the cyclist actually stuck his right arm out and beckoned forwards with his hand, as if to say 'you can overtake now'. I don't do this when i'm cycling, although i do sometimes think it might be ok, i tend to think no it's their decision when to overtake. Normally the cyclist is ahead so he can see that there's nothing coming before the following driver, but christ it's only 5 seconds.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
bonj said:
need some hills then :sad: see other thread.

I've already got Canklow upto Wickersley:wacko:

What I probably need is to stay away from the Bakewell tarts in the canteen!

(No I'm not talking about the staff!)

Tynan

Veteran
at some point you'll reach your regular weight surely?

your body will just make sure you eat enough to maintain your weight?

I do crack on though I have to say, I'm a very big convert to cadence, goo dride home too

When the insurance comes through and sir gets something racy, I'm going to be King of the NW6-E4 commute rather then a challenger

grrr

Top Bottom