Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisW

Gambette, try one to two longer rides a week, say 40/50 miles but at a good steady pace.

I've commuted on average 10 miles each way for 17 years and it was only when i started adding longer runs, over 1.5 hours that the weight really came off. I'm not exactly skinny, but with the riding i do i can eat and drink what i want..yippee!

Tynan, what's a "dhb buff"? I'm always trying to find ways to keep warm in the winter, i really, really HATE the cold. And my ride home was as uneventful as usual, boring but safe :sad:.

Chris

bonj2

ChrisW said:
what's a "dhb buff"?

mine's this, actually it's not technically a buff but an earwarmer.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
bonj said:
mine's this, actually it's not technically a buff but an earwarmer.
Got one of those, just not got round to using it yet cos I've got the Buff.
Might try it tho cos when I do try to 'push it' its not long till the ability of the helmet lining to absorb moisture has been maxxed out. Might work as a sweat band as well?

I might just have to take ChrisWs advice, just don't know whether to throw in a sunday run or extend a commute.

Not weighed myself for a few weeks. Weight loss wasn't an aim, more of an 'expected by-product'. Whatever the weight, I know I'm fitter. I can tell with the way I cycle and the recovery tmes.

Timeo Danaos

How dare you complain. You block the entire lane with some silly toy and obstruct people trying to get to work. You might have all day to indulge in leasure activities such as cycling, but some people have to work for a living and to pay the taxes that fund your frippery.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
LOL!! What's scary is that a few people really do think like that.

I got beeped yesterday by a Merc driver. Did the look round at my bike thing, saw nothing, and did the "Huh?". He didn't like that, LOL.

Timeo Danaos said:
How dare you complain. You block the entire lane with some silly toy and obstruct people trying to get to work. You might have all day to indulge in leasure activities such as cycling, but some people have to work for a living and to pay the taxes that fund your frippery.

We are trying to get to work as well then we get obstructed by some tosser who can't do the right lane positioning thing because he is to busy on his mobile (texting or talking) or is busy writing something down on a notepad*.Then when I blow my bike (car type) horn he swerves so much he almost crashes the firking thing.:sad:

*=As to what happened to me last week.

Timeo Danaos

What's that round thing in the windscreen, then?

bonj2

ChrisW;118726][quote name= said:
It isn't! And it isn't called a tax "disc" either.
[/QUOTE]

It IS called a tax disc, I'm afraid. FWIW, the tax is not actually called "road tax" OR "vehicle excise duty", but "vehicle tax" / "car tax".
From the horse's mouth:
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/index.htm
it refers to "vehicle tax" and "car tax" all over that page, and explicitly calls it a tax disc in the section entitled

"How to apply for a duplicate tax disc
Obtaining a replacement tax disc"

or are you more qualified than the government to tell them what their OWN tax is called? :sad:

Apologies for taking the thread off topic but this does have to be said. I think "Vehicle excise duty" is one of those silly names that was invented and then dropped because no-one understood it, like "consignia" for the post office.[/I]

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
bonj said:
It IS called a tax disc, I'm afraid. FWIW, the tax is not actually called "road tax" OR "vehicle excise duty", but "vehicle tax" / "car tax".

Apologies for taking the thread off topic but this does have to be said. I think "Vehicle excise duty" is one of those silly names that was invented and then dropped because no-one understood it, like "consignia" for the post office.

Well, in the budget last year they were still referring to VED.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_10016880

This year as well
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_066693

Whatever, its still a levy against the vehicle, not the road

Top Bottom