Been given the green light for a new bike, looking for some opinions/advice/comments

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Darren Gregory

Darren Gregory

Rides a Pinnacle Arkose 3 and a Trek Emonda SL6
Really liked the bike when I rode it, hate hatehate the colour which is one of the reasons I'm waiting to test ride the Norco Threshold A1 in a couple of weeks time.

Yes I was considering the Norco when doing my desk research on what bikes to test ride. I discarded it in the end simply because I didn't want to wait till it is released. Otherwise I probably would have kept waiting and waiting without actually getting on a few bikes, testing and choosing one.

Hopefully though you will like it.

Tid13

Well the Norco is due in at Evans next week, and my cyclescheme certificate only came through yesterday so I figured I can wait that long, test ride it and re test ride the Pinnacle. Whichever I prefer I will buy. If it is equal I'll get the one that isn't horrific green and spend the £50 I'll save on changing the chainrings to a 50/34 compact. Either way looking forward to finally getting a new bike!

pclay

Veteran
For anyone interested I was asked on twitter what I thought of the bike and whether I had any photos so I took some. Someone might find them of use:

15259823907_9d1ae74601_c.jpg

15259818017_0a34734069_c.jpg

15446378445_9b02561ed5_c.jpg

15446374425_dd4415762e_c.jpg

15259598119_6d7c820eb0_c.jpg

15259823907_9d1ae74601_c.jpg
iframe>

What size frame did you buy? and what's your height / inside leg?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I am also looking for a CX bike, mainly as as a Winter bike for Jannie. We both ride the same size bike, so I am sure I will be pinching it on occasions.

I dont like disc brakes and I like a triple. So I will be ordering the Specialized Tricross X3 from Evans and some Schwalbe Winter tyres.

It looks like the CX bikes are becoming very popular.

OP
OP
Darren Gregory

Darren Gregory

Thanks. I am only asking as I am considering the Arkose 3 and am unsure weather to go for 56 or 58cm frame

Sorry, have not had the opportunity been to busy with my son. I have to fit a new bottle cage at teh weekend so will do it then and let you know.

Cyclist33

Surely it's a 10 second job of looking at the sizing label on the frame?!

OP
OP
Darren Gregory

Darren Gregory

That green is bloody gorgeous. Do you have any plans of racing it?

No plans to race it. Currently it is my excersise/fun bike. I will also be commuting full time on it by September next year so will be building up to that soon with some commuting.

Top Bottom