Been out of action - not for the squeamish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
EEEKk !

Nasty , i hope you get well soon and are back on the road asap .

OP
OP
Steve H

Steve H

Large Member
Well I eventually got round to inspecting the bike this weekend. 3 weeks off, but lots of different reasons rather than simply fear of getting back on again. Not too much damage, but some things will need replacing.

Brake/gear levers scratched and a chunk out of the right hand one. Seem still functional, but not quite as strong
Scrapes to the bar tape down the left hand drop
Gash in front tyre and inner tube and slight dent and buckle to front wheel
Scrape to back left of saddle
Broken helmet

Will try to get it all sorted this weekend so I can get out riding again very soon.

OP
OP
Steve H

Steve H

Large Member
Close shave and glad your OK, now find the owners of the signs and get some decent legal advice. Most probably they belong to a Utility company (usually says on the back of the sign) I know I work for one of the big six - they are responsible regardless of how the sign blew over.

Thanks Paul. Yes will get onto this next!

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
What literally :boxing:
I don't think he will mind :wacko:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well I eventually got round to inspecting the bike this weekend. 3 weeks off, but lots of different reasons rather than simply fear of getting back on again. Not too much damage, but some things will need replacing.

Brake/gear levers scratched and a chunk out of the right hand one. Seem still functional, but not quite as strong
Scrapes to the bar tape down the left hand drop
Gash in front tyre and inner tube and slight dent and buckle to front wheel
Scrape to back left of saddle
Broken helmet

Will try to get it all sorted this weekend so I can get out riding again very soon.
Ah, I guess that answers the question that I was going to ask! (Which was whether you and your bike were well enough to join us on the Mini-NWP on Saturday.)

OP
OP
Steve H

Steve H

Large Member
Thanks for the support everyone.

Got back on the mountain bike today and did a bit of off roading. All felt good (except for a distinct lack of fitness from being off the bike for a few weeks). Going to get the road bike out tomorrow and give it a spin.

potsy

Rambler
Thanks for the support everyone.

Got back on the mountain bike today and did a bit of off roading. All felt good (except for a distinct lack of fitness from being off the bike for a few weeks). Going to get the road bike out tomorrow and give it a spin.
You can come over and ride with us tomorrow now then?
I'm sure you'll still be able to keep up with me and Colin :tongue:

Top Bottom