Been waiting since half past six for police visit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
At least when they were a Police force you knew they'd kick the shoot out of people, now they are a Police service they don't seem to be able to deliver as well...

Last edited:

ayceejay

Guru
In my experience the result will be the same whether he turns up or not, the only way to change the situation would be to call them to complain and then you would elevated to a nuisance and your name added to some list or other.

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
If the Fire and Ambulance "service" were as incompetent, unreliable and innofective as the Police, we would be in one hell of a mess!!

LocalLad

It reminds me of the old joke...

Man rings to say his house has been broken in to and the robber is still there.

Police say there's nobody in the area, and it might take an hour to attend.

Man rings back 5 minutes later saying not to rush, as he's shot robber.

Police turn up 2 minutes later...

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Have you tried polishing your helmet?

Buckle, surely?

GC

Brains

Legendary Member
I couldn't even get them to come to the scene, told by the 999 and 101 operators that they would only come to the scene if I needed an ambulance and as I was A) only walking wounded and B) knocked off about 100m from A&E, getting an ambulance seemed a bit of a waste of a valuable asset. Was told to go to A&E and the police would see me there, whilst at A&E had a phone call from police to say they were to busy and I would have to go to the police station during working hours to make a statement.
Unfortunately it would appear that if you want Lincolnshire police to attend you either need to be injured enough to need an ambulance or as I would seriously consider doing next time, mention that you think the driver may have been drinking (suspect that would get a different response).

In London the Police won't turn up for:
An illegal cab driver
Blind in one eye
Driving an un-insured vehicle
Whilst drunk (debatable as to whether he was over the limit)
In a bus lane
who did a hit and run on a cyclist
Was stopped by a legal cabbie who blocked the road
and 10+ witnesses.

As the cyclist was 'only' walking wounded (me) and I had the driver car keys, the Police asked me to give back the keys and make a report during work hours.
Nothing was ever followed up, I wonder if they would have bothered if he had run down a bus queue of kids ?

I appreciate the Police are understaffed, but at what point do people then deal with the issue themselves?
Go to the local gang lord, give him £100 and tell him you want a selected person in hospital for X number of weeks ?
It looks to me like 'Justice Direct' could be a quite profitable businesses model .......... mmmm I wonder ....... ?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
TBH, the coppers were all over me when I had my accident last September.A number of police tried to get CCTV cameras on the road I was knocked off on - they tried, but as I couldn't identify the car other than a brown B Class Merc, and it might not have been the one that hit me due to air flight not normally experienced on a bike....... they tried. Lots and lots of calls. Cant fault them.

The MIB on the other hand won't pay out in a hit and run if you can't actually pin the car down... like it's gone !!!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Unfortunately it would appear that if you want Lincolnshire police to attend you either need to be injured enough to need an ambulance or as I would seriously consider doing next time, mention that you think the driver may have been drinking (suspect that would get a different response).
The old joke (don't try this... out if you do, don't say you weren't warned) is that you hang up, count to ten, call back and say it's OK, you don't need them to attend any more, you've shot the motorist, then when they arrive and say "I thought you'd shot someone", reply "I thought you'd no one available" :evil:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It's not exactly the same as being a plumber is it? The officer involved may not be able to make a quick call due to other sh!t happening. The probability is that the officer is late because they are involved in something that requires their full attention and making a "quick phone call" could be problematic.
And it's not like the police IT systems could text you when the officer or control room hits cancel on their scheduled appointment. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom