Been waiting since half past six for police visit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
My son is a first response officer. He never stops once he is on shift. Whilst dealing with one incident, control are on the phone trying to push him onto the next. He is single manned these days due to cuts. So he spends his shifts driving his transit alone to one emergency after another. He does not know what he is going to find. Violence, wife beaters, dead bodies etc. he has been kicked, punched, verbally abused etc, etc. It's also getting more violent out there. Theresa May has devestated the police force. Where there were once 36 officers on his inner city area there are usually now less than a third of that. One shift he was the only officer available for the whole area!
Police on football match duties are on voluntary overtime. The bill is picked up by the club.
Yep; that all sounds very familiar - until I was pensioned off on medical grounds in 2001 (with a pro rata pension before anyone thinks I've been able to put my feet up on the strength of it).
I served during what is probably now referred to as the good old days, but it was a thankless job then and is ten times worse now.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
I don't know anyone in the job, who would suggest you joined the job now.

Brandane

Legendary Member
My son is a first response officer. He never stops once he is on shift. Whilst dealing with one incident, control are on the phone trying to push him onto the next. He is single manned these days due to cuts. So he spends his shifts driving his transit alone to one emergency after another. He does not know what he is going to find. Violence, wife beaters, dead bodies etc. he has been kicked, punched, verbally abused etc, etc. It's also getting more violent out there. Theresa May has devestated the police force. Where there were once 36 officers on his inner city area there are usually now less than a third of that. One shift he was the only officer available for the whole area!
Police on football match duties are on voluntary overtime. The bill is picked up by the club.
You forgot to mention that whilst running around from one call to another under pressure from an equally pressured controller, he would be expected to carry out all the investigation into previous calls he has attended. That includes contacting complainers, witnesses, and suspects; and trying to fit in a meeting with them at a mutually agreeable time. Sometimes things have to be prioritised - which takes us back to the OP..

screenman

Legendary Member
Yep; that all sounds very familiar - until I was pensioned off on medical grounds in 2001 (with a pro rata pension before anyone thinks I've been able to put my feet up on the strength of it).
I served during what is probably now referred to as the good old days, but it was a thankless job then and is ten times worse now.

Good job you were a civil servant, you would not be so well off now if you were in the private sector or self employed.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Theresa May is a major shareholder in G4S.

Cheap privatised policing solutions are the likely outcome.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Theresa May and her husband have a small shareholding in Prudential, the insurer. They've held this since 2002. Prudential, in 2012, held 6.33% of the shares in G4S. Prudential bought the G4S shares after 2002.

screenman

Legendary Member

Your last line only applies I think on land belonging to the club.

screenman

Legendary Member
Alan Sugar? Richard Branson?

Bob the builder.

screenman

Legendary Member
Drago I think was talking about garages charging £70 per hour, I found this interesting.

Hourly
Rate
£
Superintendent
Chief Inspector
Inspector
Sergeant
Constable
PCSO

Brandane

Legendary Member
Drago I think was talking about garages charging £70 per hour, I found this interesting.

Hourly
Rate
£
Superintendent
Chief Inspector
Inspector
Sergeant
Constable
PCSO
What are these figures? The charge made to football clubs for Police attendance?
It's certainly not wages. Your lower figure for a Constable would put them on £2.2k per week, or £115k per year. Dream on!

screenman

Legendary Member
What are these figures? The charge made to football clubs for Police attendance?
It's certainly not wages. Your lower figure for a Constable would put them on £2.2k per week, or £115k per year. Dream on!

It is the hire out charges.

Top Bottom